we recently stayed here 3 nights for a wedding. The Tower was a fabulous venue, we had a beautiful room, Reiss suite on the first floor with a four poster bed. I loved the bathroom too, lots of space and light. The food was delicious, staff go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. We had full use of all the facilities. Smugglers pub was very cosy, we enjoyed a bonfire on the beautiful beach. We also had a bbq at the bothy beside the loch on the sunday afternoon. All in all a fabulous weekend. The Tower has been refurbished to a very high standard. The public rooms are delightful, the morning room and the drawing room. Breakfast is served in the great hall, the sausages are lovely. I would definately recommend this hotel and would very much like to go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly above its own private beach, at the northernmost tip of Scotland, this is one of the most atmospheric, iconic and legendary Venues imaginable. Steeped in over 500 years of fascinating history, bursting with authentic character and showded in mystery and romance, Ackergill Tower is an incomparably dramatic, luxurious and inspiring setting for events that are utterly magical and gloriously memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Ackergill Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ackergill Tower Hotel Wick
- Ackergill Tower Wick, Scotland