Stayed here for 2 nights for a friend's wedding. Spectacular location and friendly staff.
We stayed in a tower room - Dukes - which was lovely. Stunning view of the sea. The bed was a beautiful carved wooden one but the only downside was it had a wooden footboard which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep for my 6'4" husband. The bathroom was well appointed, and I loved the turret with the toilet in!
The breakfast in the morning was good, and even though they start at 8 am, they were happy to serve my 1 year old daughter and husband at 7am as they were up.
The room for the ceremony and wedding breakfast were beautiful and the bar area very cosy with roaring fires. A fantastic choice for a wedding!
Only sorry I didn't get to see the tree house, as the bride said it was amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly above its own private beach, at the northernmost tip of Scotland, this is one of the most atmospheric, iconic and legendary Venues imaginable. Steeped in over 500 years of fascinating history, bursting with authentic character and showded in mystery and romance, Ackergill Tower is an incomparably dramatic, luxurious and inspiring setting for events that are utterly magical and gloriously memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Ackergill Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ackergill Tower Hotel Wick
- Ackergill Tower Wick, Scotland