A most fantastic venue, and with enough of us attending that we had the entire place to ourselves we could not have wished for better.
The weather was superb, the sea and location perfect and the building is stunning. You really feel like the Laird of Ackergill whilst walking around. We were allowed access to all the Castle with the smoking rooms the billiard room and so on we have a memorable time.
The only drawback for us is that it is so far away from London, however we are hoping to return in 2017......
First class service, first class venue, not cheap but you don't care as it is worth every penny paid.
Stunning could not recommend more. Perfect for weddings as there is more than enough accommodation for all AND with out building for the bride and groom. There is also a little pub and a large wedding hall on site separate from the castle itself.
Ample parking and total seclusion, for groups who want to be together as one I would highly recommend Ackergill.
There is also a petrol station about a mile from the entrance so will not run out of fuel when you get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Standing proudly above its own private beach, at the northernmost tip of Scotland, this is one of the most atmospheric, iconic and legendary Venues imaginable. Steeped in over 500 years of fascinating history, bursting with authentic character and showded in mystery and romance, Ackergill Tower is an incomparably dramatic, luxurious and inspiring setting for events that are utterly magical and gloriously memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your Ackergill Tower reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ackergill Tower Hotel Wick
- Ackergill Tower Wick, Scotland