“Standard Wetherspoons, cannot go wrong really”

The Alexander Bain Wetherspoons
Ranked #6 of 23 Restaurants in Wick
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Nice big pub, spotless loos, view over the river and harbour from the back...although not a lot to see if I am honest.

We ate there twice, food up to the usual Wetherspoons offering...however not a massive selection of real ales on the two days we were there....lots "Available Soon"

The-Alexander-Bain, Manager at The Alexander Bain Wetherspoons, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

There are newer reviews for The Alexander Bain Wetherspoons

Reviewed 10 June 2014

I went in here with a friend while visiting Wick in October 2013 - good value for money pub grub and real ales. I had a nice steak, cooked just how I like it.
I think this is one of the better establishments in the Wetherspoon's chain. Cheap and cheerful without being cheap and nasty.

The-Alexander-Bain, Owner at The Alexander Bain Wetherspoons, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Basic pub fayre yes I know at reasonable prices but the fayre has become much more basic of late. I ordered a rare steak (nearly a tenner) but it arrived well done and tough. I sent it back and another arrived nearer well done than medium rare AND chef had cut the steak open halfway through to check for rareness. I know many who would send it back even for being cut open. Knowing it was not rare he sent it to my table nevertheless. I ate it as my family had nearly finished their meal. Tasted just ok but not worth a tenner. Fresh peas were mushy and overcooked and the chips were luke warm. Not eating in any wetherspoons again. I'd rather give my cash to an independent non chain place.

3  Thank Brucey C

Thanks for your response, we appreciate the feedback and will use as a training tool to improve our service

Reviewed 7 June 2014

It's a Wetherspoon, so you know what you are getting. Basic pub fayre, a great choice of drinks ( including really good guest ales at a fantastic price ) and really good value for money.
For those of us on a business budget it fits the bill.
Recommended

Reviewed 26 May 2014

Large portions, well cooked pub food. Nothing fancy and wouldn't pass for a special night out but tasty and filling and good service.