“Best carrot cake”
Review of Pottery Bunkhouse

Pottery Bunkhouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Pottery Bunkhouse
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Best carrot cake”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Chanced upon this little place when the kids needed an urgent toilet break. Lovely little place to stop and take a break on the way to Fort William. The carrot cake was the best that we had ever eaten. Tomato soup was delicious and the latte was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stopped off here for lunch on a trip to Dingwall because the friend driving us knew about it. Don't think I'd have found out about it otherwise. We were lucky enough to come in just when fresh cheese scones were being brought in and I had one of these which was absolutely delicious! I didn't have the homemade tomato and vegetable soup but was told this was also very good. We shared a slice of carrot cake between 3 of us as it was so big and we were rather full by then and it was moist and tasty. If they ever move to the building where the toilets are located and is much warmer with beautiful views, this would be a great place to visit.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jenny S
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Potentially this place should score better as its in a nice location, food is good and they have a nice gift section with a tempting array of goods. I was tempted to buy something but ended up walking out without the top I wanted due to having to endure the moans of the owner while I waited to pay. I felt that because the owner was more interested in her own complaints, it took longer than it should have to serve the customer in front of me and then, due presumably to the inattention of the owner, a member of staff was able to interupt the proceedings, and put though cards for another customer (this all took so long because the owner wrote down everything being sold). Also, my husband later told me that we had been charged at least £16 for 2 soups, 2 filled rolls and one glass of milk -a bit on the steep side!

I won't necessarily avoid the place in future but on the return journey south, we'll probably try the place down the road that the owner was so disgruntled about and see if they're any cheerier there.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Queenie72
cirencester
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stopped off here en route to Plockton for our holiday. We had been here a few years ago and jumped at the chamce to try it again.
We had soup ( sweet potato and Thai spices) it was delicious and a cheese scone which had cheese ,feta and spring onions , sublime . The chocolate cake was probably the best we had ever had .
I can highly recommend this coffee shop , a true treasure . They were busy and the owner did seem rather stressed but the food was so good that they are only going to get busier .

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Montego Bay, Jamaica
Reviewed 17 February 2014

You can stay here; the location is fine, sleep quality is fine, it is reasonably well equipped.

However, the owner is very rude and may try to rip you off. We ultimately paid £17pppn, as website says, which is the standard for this kind of accommodation - good value overall.

For peace of mind, you might want to try the village hall instead (google for details), which also has cooking facilities and is closer to Gaskmore Hotel (should you want a restaurant).

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Fidelaya
Birmingham
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Wonderful coffee shop with stylish gifts, clothing and jewellery. Lynda, the owner, is a delightful person and make some yummy cakes. The carrot cake is fantastic!

The recipes for the cakes are in Joan"s Recipes by Ken Whitty
All the proceeds from the sale of this book will go to St.Teresa"s Cheshire Home in appreciation for the way Linda"s brother Martin was looked after who died in August 2007 age 53 at St.Teresa"s at Long Rock ,Cornwall
Couldn't recommend more highly.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We were looking for a place to stay in the area and this seemed one of the few places to offer group accommodation. When I rang the owner to enquire about booking the 5 bed bunkhouse room I assumed the price on the website was correct but I felt like I was being almost told off because she had changed the prices but hadn't altered the website and I was made to feel rather stupid even though I could have possible known that the prices had risen by £20. Initially I was anoyed at her rudeness and I put the phone down, however after searching for other accommodation I realised I couldn't get anything else in the area so reluctantly phoned back and booked.
We paid in full but when we arrived the owner had forgotten we were coming and seemed rather flustered at first but was then very friendly and seemed pleased to have us stay.
We luckily had the whole place to ourselves. The bunkhouse is basic but it did have everything we needed for our overnight stay. The kitchen is well stocked with pans and utensils and the woodburning stove was a nice touch in the lounge area. the bedrooms and bathrooms are basic and compared to other accommodation which we stayed in during our trip to scotland. we paid the same price in other areas and seemed to get a lot more for our money. But it suited our needs and if I were in the area again I would stay another night.
The owner is currently building a pizza restaurant which could be a good option for an evening meal in the future.
We were not lucky enough to make use of the coffee shop but it looked lovely and we did try some of the cakes which were very tasty but again over priced.

overall I think the bunkhouse Is a good place for an overnight stop for a group of friends.the bathrooms and the general living area could have been cleaner but its a bunkhouse not a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends