“Better than last time”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We liked this restaurant when it was new but stopped coming as we felt that the standard had dropped. We arrived from Glasgow tired & hungry so the buffet was a quick easy option for us. The food was hotter & fresher this time and we both enjoyed it. The ice cream machine (mr whippy style) was much better than the little balls that used to be stacked in the freezer. Not as good as the Edinburgh or Aberdeen restaurants but a big improvement.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Great place to take a family - even with picky eaters, you should find something you all love! I follow a gluten free diet and even I was full when we left!!

Reviewed 31 October 2013

I do experience a wonderful dinner when I feel home sick during my trip. The chef and staffs are friendly and helpful. The chef came from Hong Kong and cooked very delicious Cantoonese food. I feel dining at home at that time.

1  Thank Eric C
Reviewed 14 October 2013

If generic, bland, Chinese food served buffet style for minimal price is your thing, and if you are exceptionally hungry then this may be your thing. The experience starts with walking through the entrance and up the stairs which feels eerily like a multi story carpark. This I thought was surely was a bad omen and indeed it was.
On offer was an assortment of neutral tasting buffet options that no Chinese person would recognise or dare consume: Dish water soup with floating mushrooms, beef in red wine sauce?, gelatinous vegetables, and not to mention Chips, Onion Rings, Mushroom Omelette, and a plethora of fried items. The view over the River Ness was at least promising but proved little respite from the malfunctioning heating system which seemed set to self combust. Lackluster waiters seemingly unaware of you presence will leap into life the minute you put your fork down and attempt to take away your plate and usher you out of the building. This happened a little too often to be funny and is obviously a company protocol designed to get customers out and get new ones in. My lesson learned I will not return even if there is no other way to eat a Chinese meal in Inverness on a Sunday afternoon. I would rather pay more for better food eaten in a more agreeable and authentic environment.

Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I went here for a meal with my husband in July it was nice, there is a huge selection of food, you help yourself to everything from soups to currys to desserts, they have a mr whippy ice cream machine that my husband loves !! Alot of wastage as people tend to pile there plates as high as they can, service was rushed you get the feeling they want you in and out but was definitely worth the money and will definitely go back.