“Andrew and Janet”

Ranked #69 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
York, United Kingdom
“Andrew and Janet”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

When my Husband and I arrived in Inverness with no where to stay we came upon this little Guest House which was well presented from the outside so we decided to check on the availability and we booked for a 1 night stay. The owner was very welcoming, the rooms were very clean and well presented and the Breakfast was filling. It was good to be able to park the car on the premises too. All in all we would recommend this B & B. Thank You for your hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
InvernessRoyston, Owner at Royston Guest House, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
Thank you very much for you're kind review you left on trip advisor it was a pleasure having you to stay glad you enjoyed the breakfast you're feed back on our service was most appreciated .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights as I was attending a wedding near to Inverness.
As Inverness was quite packed that weekend (as it was also a long weekend), most room rates int he city were high. But for my rate (probably higher than usual), I was still really satisfied with the level of comfort, hospitality, and the general vibe of the Royston.
Ross, the owner is a character. We had a great yarn, and it is good to have a good proprietor to chat with especially when you're a solo traveller. He's warm, a good laugh, but not in your face and leaves you to do your own thing while staying there.
I couldn't recommend the place enough.
It's a truly highland experience, right down to the homely cottage feel, so don't expect a spacious, plush Comfort Inn style. This is the real deal, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Good work Ross. I've already told many of my friends in the area about the great experience I had there.

Room Tip: The room I had was the single room at the back of the guesthouse, with the back window overlooking t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking time and leaving a review on Royston guest house inverness.
I am glad you enjoyed you're stay and breakfast hope to see you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have made Royston Guest House my regular place to stay when visiting Inverness. The owner is always welcoming, the rooms clean and tidy and standards far exceed the price. As for breakfast, many hotels struggle to provide such choice and quality of food. I can not more strongly recommend a place to stay in Inverness.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
InvernessRoyston, Owner at Royston Guest House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We enjoyed having you here at Royston guest inverness and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope you will return again in the near future Kind Regards Ross .
Arygll
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is my third vist to this Guest house,the landlord cant be more helpful and friendly.Breakfast was freshly cooked and lots of it ,good choice of starters fruit,prunes etc.it has recently be upgraded and beleive it should worth another star rated.It has easy access to the centre of the Town,the landlord even phoned the taxi.lovely decor and interesting paintings love the scottish feel and the cute Dogs.Will always stay there when i visit Inverness Great Experience

Room Tip: All rooms are are up to a high standard like the little added extra touches
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Elgin, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

The breakfast was well cooked although it is a bit off putting being told how much the food costs the owner of the place to provide it. I had the single room and was sent up the stairs without any lights on in the hall both on arriving and after I had been out. I couldn't see where the light switches were in the dark either. The photos of the rooms show toiletries in a basket and there was only cheap liquid soap in an old fashion dispenser. I felt Ross was quite rude at times to me and to another guest. Maybe I got him on a bad day, but for £45 for a single room I don't think I will return.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jan H
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Rooms were of adequate size and well decorated and clean, The room had a hospitality tray which was stocked with tea and coffee. Some biscuits would of been a good addition though. Breakfast was freshly cooked with tasty sausages and bacon on offer, service was friendly and efficient. From mostly staying in hotels, this B&B was most adequate and a must if staying in Inverness again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Wigan, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2012

Clean and tidy rooms. The hotel is well situated for the centre of Inverness. The Owner greeted us and showed us to our rooms and explained the best restaurants to go to. Breakfast was good and had a good nights stay. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple