“A days golfing”

Ranked #56 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
inverness
“A days golfing”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed at the Royston again after my last visit, the room are spacious and have been upgraded since last time, i was there playing golf at Castle Stuart before the Scottish open began. Love the city of Inverness it was buzzing and the Castle was amazing.

Room Tip: room are nice.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
InvernessRoyston, Owner at Royston Guest House, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Thank you for leaving a review on Royston guest house Inverness
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again next year
Many thanks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Host was very unwelcoming on arrival, very upset when i accidentally sat at the wrong breakfast table and i have never seen paper bath mats in my life which stick to your feet. Located quite a distance from city centre and on the higher end of room rate. Room quite small as was bathroom. Breakfast ok.

Room Tip: Think carefully before booking
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank chris3801
InvernessRoyston, Owner at Royston Guest House, responded to this review, 20 June 2013
You were told on arrival that your room number was on your breakfast table as you can understand I only have 8 tables for 8 rooms and they are all set for single use triple use and double use as for the price of your room it is £40.00 per person including 3 course breakfast is average for inverness certainly not a high price? As for the rest of your vicious and name calling comments I will ignore have a nice day.
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Having done a fair bit of travel throughout Scotland I have found the hosts to be extremely personable and the accommodations superb. Unfortunately I cannot say the same for Royston Guest House. I booked my stay based on several Trip Advisor reviews, but found my entire experience very different. The host was far from welcoming, curt, and did not make any effort to interact with you beyond what was absolutely necessary. As a woman travelling on her own, this was unsettling. The room is far from what is represented on the web, it doesn't smell very 'fresh', black mould in the shower, and is VERY cramped, outdated (not in a good way) with minimal towels and poorly placed outlets. The Internet is very slow so that was also frustrating. The room is not freshened after your first night so you are not offered additional tea, milk, biscuits and the waste bin is not emptied. I was so unhappy here, I decided to leave Inverness earlier than planned. This has been the only downside on an otherwise wonderful stay in Scotland.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Victoria_CanadaHolly
InvernessRoyston, Owner at Royston Guest House, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
So sorry to hear you where disappointed with you're stay at Royston guest house inverness I wish you had said something when I booked you're taxi for you on Monday morning. As for the internet been very slow I find this hard to believe as it is cabled not wireless I suggest you check you're settings on your devices. . As for you're tea tray, bin etc. I know for a fact you're room was serviced on Sunday morning and may I also point out you had not used your tea tray on the Saturday night. As for not interacting with you I try I give all the guest as much attention that is necessary but most of the guest prefer peace and quiet and don't want me hanging around like a bad penny invading there privacy but obviously not you.
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2013

When my Husband and I arrived in Inverness with no where to stay we came upon this little Guest House which was well presented from the outside so we decided to check on the availability and we booked for a 1 night stay. The owner was very welcoming, the rooms were very clean and well presented and the Breakfast was filling. It was good to be able to park the car on the premises too. All in all we would recommend this B & B. Thank You for your hospitality.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for you're kind review you left on trip advisor it was a pleasure having you to stay glad you enjoyed the breakfast you're feed back on our service was most appreciated .
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights as I was attending a wedding near to Inverness.
As Inverness was quite packed that weekend (as it was also a long weekend), most room rates int he city were high. But for my rate (probably higher than usual), I was still really satisfied with the level of comfort, hospitality, and the general vibe of the Royston.
Ross, the owner is a character. We had a great yarn, and it is good to have a good proprietor to chat with especially when you're a solo traveller. He's warm, a good laugh, but not in your face and leaves you to do your own thing while staying there.
I couldn't recommend the place enough.
It's a truly highland experience, right down to the homely cottage feel, so don't expect a spacious, plush Comfort Inn style. This is the real deal, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Good work Ross. I've already told many of my friends in the area about the great experience I had there.

Room Tip: The room I had was the single room at the back of the guesthouse, with the back window overlooking t...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking time and leaving a review on Royston guest house inverness.
I am glad you enjoyed you're stay and breakfast hope to see you again soon.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

I have made Royston Guest House my regular place to stay when visiting Inverness. The owner is always welcoming, the rooms clean and tidy and standards far exceed the price. As for breakfast, many hotels struggle to provide such choice and quality of food. I can not more strongly recommend a place to stay in Inverness.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
InvernessRoyston, Owner at Royston Guest House, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review. We enjoyed having you here at Royston guest inverness and are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.We hope you will return again in the near future Kind Regards Ross .
Arygll
Reviewed 27 March 2013

This is my third vist to this Guest house,the landlord cant be more helpful and friendly.Breakfast was freshly cooked and lots of it ,good choice of starters fruit,prunes etc.it has recently be upgraded and beleive it should worth another star rated.It has easy access to the centre of the Town,the landlord even phoned the taxi.lovely decor and interesting paintings love the scottish feel and the cute Dogs.Will always stay there when i visit Inverness Great Experience

Room Tip: All rooms are are up to a high standard like the little added extra touches
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo