“Comfy, Friendly and Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Castle View Guesthouse
Ranked #9 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Comfy, Friendly and Wonderful”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

The best B&B ever!!! I stayed at the Castleview Guest House in Inverness for the Easter Weekend, and I really enjoyed it! The room was big and welcoming, the bed very comfortable and the view....my God, just amazing on the Ness River and the Castle! Although the room has a separate bathroom to share with the room next door, it did not bother me nor the other guests, as the bathroom was huge, clean and luxurious :) I had a shower inside the room and it was great!

Excellent value for money, and you can help yourself with fresh milk in a mini fridge in the hallway!

As for the host -John-, a real gentleman, very friendly, welcoming and of excellent advice!!! John took the time to sit and talk to all the guests during breakfast, and I could feel that it was really like talking to a good friend :) Not at all like other B&B owners that I lhave met so far, when while they talk to you, it is only out of duty!

The breakfast....just yummy and scrummy!!!

I highly recommend it and wil stay again here when I will come again to Inverness!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Thurso, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2012

this place is grate for family's.We stayed there one and will return again.The host was very welcoming and good room were spacious and the on suite was superb. The breakfast was good as well..

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I spent two nights here where I enjoyed a lovely spacious bedroom with a beautiful view across the river to the Castle on the opposite bank. I had a comfortable bed with a shower in my room and a bathroom opposite; I really enjoyed the towelling robe supplied as I tend to travel light on short trips. I was also glad of the fresh milk in the fridge on the landing as I don't seem to have the knack of opening those little containers without spilling their contents! There was a great choice for breakfast both hot and cold and the dining room had an even more panoramic view of the castle than that from my bedroom. I will definitely stay again when I return to Inverness. Irene C.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Glasgow
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This was one of our favouite places to stay on our tour. We had a lovely room with a view over the river to the Castle. The beds were very comfy and the whole place was clean and very nice. The breakfast set you up for your day of exploring, wonderful b+b!!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandra R
Norco, California
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I came across this Bed and Breakfast while traveling alone in Scotland. I had been moving from town to town for two weeks and was exhausted!! This place saved me!! The beds were very very comfortable, the showers were hot, and the breakfast was yummy and filling. My host John was wonderful at answering all of my questions! The price was very reasonable for a budget traveler. Also the location on the river was beautiful and extremely convenient. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Tessa B
Scotland
Reviewed 20 January 2012

I stayed one night only as it was a fleeting visit to Inverness and was so glad I found this B&B. John was very welcoming and friendly and it was good to have the option of fresh milk in the wee fridge in the lobby; the soft drinks and fruit was also a nice touch. I had a twin charged at a great rate for someone solo with a shower in the room and shared bathroom opposite and a great view of the river and bridge. The room had everything I needed and the bed was very comfortable. At John's suggestion, I ate at the restaurant Riva and had an excellent one course meal of mussels in white wine sauce with a glass of wine for £15.95. Breakfast was cooked and plentiful - John gets his sausages (delicious) from a local butcher.

I really enjoyed staying there and would definitely do so again and am recommending it to my friends. It's rare to find such a place so close to a city centre, yet not overpowered by city noises.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ficklejade
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Great central location, clean rooms and a great view of the sunset, Stay here if you can.

Sidenote, you are not allowed in the castle as it is a government building in use. I loved Inverness and met alot of nice people up here.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo