Cedar Villa Guest House
Holiday Inn Express Inverness(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$146
Beaufort Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$114
  • Restaurant
Bunchrew House Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$269
US$234
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Macdonald Drumossie Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$91
US$178
US$172
US$139
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Inverness West Hotel(Inverness)(Great Value!)
US$135
PremierInn.com
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsb bkenneth streetwonderful hostsbusy roadvegetarian haggisroom was cleanenjoyed our stayprivate bathroomwarm welcomefriendly ownerscity centredouble bedgreat place to stayshort walkhome from homevisiting invernesspermit
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed four nights in Cedar Villa and it was a very pleasant stay. The location is great, so close to the city center and all the attractions. The room was large, bright and the facilities where good. Shower was a little on the low pressure side but not surprising for the area. Good selection of biscuits in the room.

Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, with many options catered for. The lobby had plenty of maps and leaflets for interesting things to do in and around Inverness. The hosts where lovely and very relaxed.

Two things stop this B&B from getting an excellent rating. One was the curtains in the room. We stayed in early June and as a southerner, the 17hr daylight of the north was challenging to get used to and the curtains just didn't make it very dark at all. Blackout curtains would be more suitable and help block out some of the noise from the road. The final reason it doesn't get an excellent is that the B&B is cash only. This we found out at breakfast on the last day, meaning a run to the nearest cash point for Hubs. We would have been in trouble if the bill had been over the daily withdrawal amount from the cash point and a little disapointed that something that major was left until the last minute.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stayed at the Cedar Villa for 9 nights. I completely enjoyed my stay. Lisa, Frank and Sonny all contributed to make my entire trip the absolutely best it could be. They anticipated my needs and responded to all my requests. I look forward to staying with them again sometime. I loved my room - comfortable, not too small, and warm with a nice view. Since I was solo, I had reserved the single room with private bath. The bath was just across the landing, but I had a sink in my room for easy access to water at night and washing my face in the morning before running into anyone. My room had a large TV as well as a hot water pot for tea and biscuits. I had a twin bed which was very comfortable and I was able to sleep well. Even though the road in front of the building is a main road, it did not bother me at all. The Cedar Villa was feeling like home by the time I left. Thank you!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We spent an excellent 3 nights over Hogmanay and were made to feel really welcome by Frank and Lisa.
After the festivities at the Northern Meeting Park they invited us to celebrate into the wee hours with them, their family and other guests. A lovely way to see in 2014.
I would definitely recommend Cedar Villa should you need a place to stay in Inverness.
If we find ourselves in the area again we will not hesitate to revisit.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amountain
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Must be better places to stay. Accommodation basic, breakfast awful, Will not go back. Clean, but shower was a dribble, could not even wash my hair in it. Breakfast was one of the most miserable sights I have ever seen. Go somewhere that for the price is better and you do not have to run across a main raid (A82) to get into the front door.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher D
Reviewed 16 September 2013

We cannot say enough about our stay at Cedar Villa, everything that one would want for a comfortable stay and more, Lisa and Frank could not do enough for us , and we are going to miss our breakfasts with the most tasty black pudding that was presented to us each morning. Bed so comfy, not sure how I got out of it.Can't wait to come back

Room Tip: just don't miss your breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family