“We loved it and we'll be back”

Sandwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #57 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Scotland
“We loved it and we'll be back”
Reviewed 6 July 2011

Well where do i start...One off the best B&B's we have stayed in in a long time.

Hospitality - Excellent, very friendly and helpful, Mrs Ross provided us with all the information we required for our 2 day break in Inverness.
Room spacious & immaculate with very comfortable bed, Flat screen TV, Internet access, coffee making facilities & very spacious en suite with excellent power shower just what you need after a busy day shopping which is only 5 mins walk away from all shops, bars & restaurants, very central.
Breakfast - Great choice off cereals & full Scottish breakfast (Set us up for the day)

All in all great value for money will definitively be back and will recommend Sandwood B&B to all our family and friends!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 May 2011

I originally stayed at Sandwood B&B in November last year whilst in Inverness on business. I enjoyed my stay so much that I decided to come back with my wife in April 2011. On both occasions the owner's were very nice and couldn't be more helpful. They were very easy to approach and always on hand to assist but still managed to give us enough space and privacy to enjoy our stay. The breakfast (I had a cooked breakfast and my wife opted for fresh fruit) was lovely and a great way to start the day. Our room was clean, bright and spacious and the bed was incredibly comfortable. All in all this is a lovely family run B&B that I would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break in the beautiful city of Inverness.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Dumfries
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I was recommended this B&B by a colleague on the basis of the all round package that this B&B gave.

I was not disaapointed.

I found the owners to be extremely welcoming, hospitable, knowledgable and attentive. They ensured that I had everything I needed for an enjoyable and productive stay.

I must say how pleasant the accomodation was in every aspect, with modern decor (including wood flooring, flat screen TV and internet access); plenty of space; and bright airy rooms .

The bedroom itself was spacious, comfotable and provided for a very relaxing and pleasant night's sleep.

The ensuite facilities were again modern, well maintained and provided everything that you would need for a stay.

Breakfast was also a pleasant experience, with a wide choice of both hot and cold food selection and plenty of it, combined with the attentive company of the owners.

When you consider the nightly charge for this accommodation, the all-round package that this B&B offers, driven by the owners at the heart of this and its location to Inverness City and the Highlands in general, it really is a hidden jewel !

A real must if you are in the Highlands !

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
London, England
Reviewed 27 August 2008

I originally booked accommodation at Broadstone Lodge Guest House for two nights but was transferred to the Sandwood B&B because the twin room at the Broadstone Lodge was damaged beyond repair by some guests.

On arriving at the Sandwood B&B we were shown to our room. Rosie was friendly, although did seem in a bit of a rush. She did explain she was heading out to a wedding. We were grateful she did let us check into our room early.

The room itself was clean and looked modern with wooden flooring and flat screen TV. The two twin beds were comfortable. The toilet and shower room appeared to have been converted from a built in wardrobe. Very small, and if you fully close the sliding door, its impossible to open again from the inside. Also there isn't a lock. The wash basin is one of the smallest I've ever seen. Having a manual facial shave is virtually impossible using the sink. I get the impression the room isn't used often as we had to run the sink tap for a while to get clear water. On a positive note the shower appeared new and was very powerful.

The owners were out the first night and we did run into some problems. The TV didn't work, we later found out the plug was in the wardrobe.

Breakfast was possibly the worst part of staying at Sandwood. Firstly the mini boxes of cornflakes were out of date. Not a good sign. Then the fry up arrived. Horrible is the only word I can use. Second morning I stuck to Crunchy Nut cornflakes which were in date and toast.

Summary of bad points:
1) TV would not turn on. (Couldn't ask owner as they were out. Eventually found out plug was in the wardrobe.)
2) No hair dryer.
3) Very small bathroom, its the size of an interior wardrobe.
4) Wash basin so small in bathroom that it is near impossible to have a manual shave.
5) No margarine at breakfast, just butter.
6) Five choices of cereal at breakfast. Unfortunately the mini boxes of cornflakes were 3 weeks past their use by date.
7) Full English Breakfast (fry up) was just horrible.
8) When in en suite toilet there is no handle on the inside so it is important not to fully close the door.
9) No Wifi connection.
10) Bars of soap rather than liquid soap in bathroom.
11) No clock radio in room.

Summary of good points:
1) Powerful shower
2) 5 minute walk to town centre (when you.re worked out the way)
3) Beds are comfortable
4) Let us check in early

Overall this is a below average B&B, obviously run as a sideline instead of as a primary source of income. Although this place has a good location, it is seriously let down by an appalling breakfast, very small toilet/shower room and problems requesting help from the owners.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast. En-suite.
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
thisoneok, Owner at Sandwood Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, 27 May 2010
I am extremely sorry that this reviewer did not enjoy his stay with us. Due to family commitments, we could not be there for his stay and entrusted our b&b to a friend. Unfortunately, the high standards we have were not met on this occasion. I have to say however that I feel the reviewer was overly critical about several points - we are only a small business and it seems that he expected 5 star service for a fairly modest sum. We constantly strive to maintain and improve our standards so that guests get good value for money. Every guest has the opportunity to complain about any aspect of our service and if they feel so aggrieved, then are free to dispute payment. Please do not be put off by one bad review-visit our site, give us a call-we are not so bad!