“Solo traveller”

Ranked #20 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Stornoway, United Kingdom
“Solo traveller”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is a pub/hotel. I was in a single room, it is up quite a lot of stairs, no lift. The room had no lamp or bedside table, just a main light. The shower room has no opening window just a pane of glass, and is small , the sink is behind the door and a rubber floor stopper is in place to stop the door banging into the sink, when first opened, quickly, the door rebounds into your face if not careful. breakfast was great, good quality coffee and sausages. Wifi was next to useless, no connection in the room, had to wander about to get one. There was a band on the Friday I stayed and the noise was loud, if needing an early night this could have been a problem. Some staff were excellent others downright ignorant. okay for a one night business trip.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank thebesttaxilady

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Inverness, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Been staying in Inverness on and off for 3 months through my work, stayed in 22 hotels throughout the Highlands in that time, and without any doubt this the worst. Downstairs looks quite nice then you get shown upstairs. The room is extremely basic, the shower is dirty, the carpet in the bedroom stained. The furniture basic and cheap. No bedside table, there is no other form of lighting in the room apart from the 2 bright spotlights in the ceiling. The only positive is the nice breakfast, Avoid this place

Room Tip: Avoid staying here
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank SheltieShetland
Riverside, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

I arrived at the Corriegarth hotel a little earlier than normal check-in time, and got the attention of someone cleaning inside, they let me in and stored my bag for me while I went exploring the town. When I returned my bag was in my room. Everything was clean and neat.
I went to the pub and had a couple pints of their real ale, delicious! Fish and chips for dinner.. It was very good!

Breakfast the next morning wAs also very good. There were good choices on their guest menu.

Great location as well, short walk to the bus station, train station and a huge shopping mall.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank GhostHunterSoCal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

We try to find the Restuarant for dinner...Then the nice local person come uo with this place..We realy enjoy the food in every dishes there..Thanks for Advice from Nice local people there.
The service quite nice.The place are lifely.We really recommend this place for Enjoy lovely Meal.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank น้ำหวาน น
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I’ve stayed in nicer places and worse places, I’ve paid more money and I’ve paid less, hands down The Corriegarth is the best value for money accommodation I have had.

My girlfriend and I stayed for a weekend and marvelled at the warmness of staff and the food was fantastic. The food – in particular the Highland breakfast were very nice and staff were attentive and friendly all night.

Yes the accommodation did leave a little to be desired – a fresh coat of paint on the wardrobe doors is a must, as is a proper power shower. However the bed was made with fresh clean linen and the bottles of Highland Spring were a nice added touch. When we came back to our room at the end of the first day my girlfriend burst into hysterics, they had folded my clothes (including my boxer shorts) and laid them on the bed, according to my girlfriend whoever did that was ‘very brave’!

I would book another stay in The Corriegarth without a second though, the friendly staff, the food and the value for money make this an easy decision.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Checking in at the bar asked my name told to follow the lady shown the room before she disappeard had to ask about food, where breakfast was served, what time and about the wifi. No information pack in the room.
The room it's self very basic with mixed matched furniture, stained cream carpet, dirty rug, not so comfortable bed, slept okay because was tried. Shower room is small just enough room to move around but the shower was good. Breakfast was good with a little choice on offer.
The evening menu is very small but excellent food and the decor is nice you can see it been made over, it's just a shame that they don't do the same upstairs!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Andrew T
Caithness and Sutherland, Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed for one night at the corriegarth on a saturday night. We were give room 3 and we were very dissappointed to find that our bed was not a double but to singles pushed together which kept seperateing through the night while sleeping. The beds were also like sleeping on concrete they were so hard. Apart from the bed the stay was very pleasant we had a lovely girl serveing us at breakfast she also showed us to our room. The breakfast was amazing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends