“worst hotel ive ever stayed in!!!!”
Review of Corriegarth Hotel

Corriegarth Hotel
Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
scotland
“worst hotel ive ever stayed in!!!!”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

we booked 3 double rooms we got 2, the bedding was dirty which was disgusting! they gave us blow up beds as all other hotels in the area were full, we had no apology and were refunded after complaining a few times, there were holes in the walls in our room and dirty handprints on the wall, the bathroom had mould up the shower unit and the toilets hadnt been flushed, the only good point about the hotel was the location as very central i would not recommend for anyone, the restaurant and bar had been recently decorated but rest of it was in desperate need of redecoration and new bedding!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank lcowie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Edinburgh
Reviewed 3 July 2010

It was not stated on booking that our stay would not include breakfast (the fact it would unless told otherwise was I thought a fair assumption to make). Upon arival we discovered that the hotel simply does not do breakfasts!! In fact, it appeared to be unmanned until 9am the following morning - UNBELIEVABLE! Whilst the main public areas downstairs all looked very nice, the room, well. Awful green decor,a TV with no remote, that simply would not work without one, and a bathrom window that was locked (a health and safety issue surely?). That aside, the room STANK of cigarette smoke!! THe chap ho attended to us on arrival was very polite and helpful about the area, but that's about it. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank safetyrazor
Inverness Scotland
Reviewed 15 April 2010

I visited the hotel recently with friends and decided to have a meal.That was a big mistake! I ordered "catch of the day"which foolishly I imagined would have been fresh fish! No chance, I got a small fillet of frozen fish[deep fried and as hard as nails],no tartare sauce or lemon and some luke warm vegetables.Very disappointing and definitely not value for money.None of my friends were impressed and we won't be going back!!
Bad news travels fast!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank welltravelledlady44
Sydney
Reviewed 10 November 2009

This hotel has a strange payment system in that they charge your debit card the tariff for the evening as a kind of 'hold payment' at check in and then get you to pay again on check out. So primarily you pay twice. The 'hold payment' or pre-authorisation is then meant to be refunded within 5-7 days. This did not happen. After 14 days I rang the hotel and was assured by the manager she'd fix it and call me back. This did not happen. After 18 or 19 days I rang again and they assured me a refund would be put through ASAP. Still did not happen. So I wrote an email which was not responded to at around 21 days. Finally I had to call and threaten legal action to the chap that was on the evening shift. He was helpful and empathetic thankfully. Finally I got a badly written feeble apology from the manager via email but with no explanation whatsover. After 23 days I finally got my money refunded. Not only do I find this payment system underming to the customer but felt quite stressd by the fact that I felt if I wasn't so persistant in asking for my money back I may never have got it. So if you don't mind being distrusted as a customer and paying the tariff twice stay here. But I wouldn't.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
9 Thank FOLady
Scotland
Reviewed 21 October 2009

oh dear, what a place to stay, booked through late bookers for a double room for myself and my wife for our anniversary, ended up with what can only be described as a box room with two single beds crammed in.
Television was hanging of the wall and we could not find the remote control anywhere. Spoke to young man on reception who arrived with a replacement which didn't work and who left after trying unsuccessfully to get the TV to work manually. Sorry to say but you could only get radio on it and certainly no picture.

I wasn't that bothered about the TV as we wern't going to be watching it any way.

Never mind, I thought we would go down to dinner, went to the A le carte restaurant which had no body else there eating, which should have rang some allarm bells as the hotel directly opposite appeared packed with customers, for starters I had the crab which was completely off, when I pointed this out the waitress took it away and then came back to tell me that it was fresh. Now I am the son of a fisherman and have eaten seafood all of my life and I can asure you that this dish was most certainly off.

I then had the steak which was just passable.

when checking out the next day the lady on reception started to argue about the crab being fresh.

Never mind that, I then told her, out of courtesy to the next poor guest that would be staying in the same room ,that there was no remote control in the room and that the TV did not work. To my astonishment she then asked me if I had the inteligence to look under the beds for the remote and that the TV was working.

It most certainly was not working and when we had looked under the bed we found plenty of things under there but no remote.

The final insult was when I checked the bill when I got home and found out that they had charged us £15 over the booked price, which I can only imagine was for breakfast that was not booked or asked for.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank FrazzledScotland
Cincinnati
Reviewed 24 August 2009

We had booked this hotel following a website reference noting it had recently been refurbished. Don't be fooled by this, the downstairs may have been upgraded but the room certainly was not to the same standard. On arrival we were given a twin room after having booked a double. The hotel was full and this could not be changed. The room was small and overlooked a noisy, smoky outside sitting area. The bathroom had old soap with hair on it from the previous user, not exactly a warm welcome.

Putting that aside and being tired from a lot of travel we went to the bar and had some food, this was of good quality and at this point we were fine with the place.

We went to bed early, my partner having run a mountain marathon that day. As you can imagine rest and relaxation was all we wanted.

The hotel had a wedding that evening with it seems many of the guests staying in the hotel. The noise was horrendous and continued all night ranging from shouting in the streets outside to constant banging of doors, smoke permeating the corridors and our smoke free room. Residents constantly arguing and shouting in the corridors and banging on all the room doors (including ours). At 7 am we couldn't cope any longer having missed a full nights sleep. We had to wake the manager (her room was in the thick of the noisy area), she noted she had heard nothing. There seemed to be no control of residents or respect for those not involved in the wedding party.

Horrendous stay, what a let down for a potential gem of a hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ellierob
glasgow
Reviewed 14 August 2009

Hotel is 3 minutes from the city centre which made it an ideal weekend getaway. The rooms were lovely, bathrooms had all the little extras in and the staff were helful and cheerful throughout our stay. We had breakfast which was really good and had one evening meal in their brasserie,. Quite an extensive menu and making a choice was difficult. It is a small hotel with just 6 bedrooms but the service and quality is something similar to a four star!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple