“do not stay in this b&b”

The Highlander B & B
The Highlander B & B
Ranked #35 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 16 August 2011

The room was dirty and cramped.
The woman who did the cooking was surly and rude
The only good thing is that it was near the centre

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barbara1955

Reviewed 13 August 2011

The place was clean, relatively comfortable but cramped. The scottish breakfast was tasteless and we had trouble digesting it. But, the biggest problem was the rude hostess. She told us the confirmation papers I had were not right and she made us wait a good 5 minutes before giving us an envelope with my name on it (all ready) right there in front of her. Also, she was impatient (rolled her eyes upward) when I asked her to repeat something!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We booked 2 nights but when we saw the room which was in the basement and looked like a prison cell, we went looking for another B &B for our second night in Inverness. There was a tiny window that looked onto a wall on top of which there were bars. In addition, the manager is a woman really unfriendly. On the Website, it is stated that there is parking on site, which is completely wrong because it is impossible to park his car on the sidewalk during the day. There is also, apparently, a wireless Internet access in public areas but when we asked her the question, she told us that if we wanted to have internet, you had to go downtown. The TV in the room did not work either. The only TV that worked was a large flat screen that broadcast images of the CCTV cameras installed throughout the corridors. In short, we do not recommend this hotel nightmarish and shameful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MisterThifi
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Booked and paid for an en-suite single - arrived to be told that they were overbooked - was given a tiny single (not en-suite). Manager friendly enough and helped me to orientate myself regarding the city, but no compensation offered or anything for the lack of facilities. Had to travel downstairs to use a bathroom. Breakfast was ok - although I expected there to be more than one table to sit at!! No wi-fi although it is offered.

Room was clean - but smelt of smoke - bedding clean.

If I had paid £25 I would have been reasonably happy - as I had paid nearly double for that, I wasn't.

Read through the reviews - there are too many negative reviews for them not to be true in some way.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 July 2011

After here. As working un Inverness. After reading some of the reviews I thought OMG. But apart from the coded locks, and the dismal back garden, the stay was what I expected. The only problem with ny room was a water mark near the sink as the shower had been leaking. But I was advised that was being dealt with.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We had 2 twin rooms; four Scout Leaders doing the 3 peaks challenge. After booking I saw this review site and dreaded the stay, but it was excellent! Spotless, well furnished, en-suite shower/toilet in both rooms, full fresh linen, T&C in both, excellent fried breakfasts with wide cereal and pastry choices. I don't have a single complaint.
Chatting to the woman we dealt with, this management also run a cheap hostel, and I can only assume that the other reviewers must have stayed there instead, because our stay was perfect, even though we arrived in Inverness after 11PM. She even gave us parking advice to avoid early morning traffic wardens!

Room Tip: We had basement rooms, lovely and quiet!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 February 2011

we were workn in inverness and needed to stay in a b&b not a half way house thats what it felt like ther were cameras every where the rooms were like a prison cell they wernt kept clean no linen change no buckets changed no refill of your tea /coffee milk there were people there that looked as they had just got out of prison asking for hand outs there breakfast no fry ups just own morrisons cheap home brands jam/cereals quality was just so awfull sory to say would,t give this a second look only good thing location

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled on business