“Just perfect! Do yourself a favour and stay here!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highland Apartments by Mansley

Highland Apartments by Mansley
Hobart, Australia
“Just perfect! Do yourself a favour and stay here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

Stayed at Highland Apartments for 2 weeks, and the place is faultless. A wonderful experience. Robin and Mandy are the perfect hosts, the rooms are beautiful, light, spotless and very well equipped for self contained stays. The central location is great, apartments and parking very secure, beautiful balconies... etc. etc.

I have read reviews about it being noisy from hotels downstairs.. it really isn't and even if it was then if you book something in the city centre then you just have to deal with that! (double glazed windows stop almost all noise!).

I operate an accommodation business myself, and have learned from how wonderful this place is. I'm very picky and honestly cannot find any fault with this beautiful place!

Highly recommend, and thank the hosts greatly!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

Spent 3 nights here in August & found it superb. The location is excellent, & with the balcony facing the river we could sip our drinks overlooking the beautiful landscape. Numerous restaurants were closeby. The apartment is large, light, modern & very well equiped. The attention to detail in the unit was great, security is good & underground secure parking a plus. The hosts were very helpful, efficient & friendly. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lesley1-1956
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

Even though I was very ill during our trip, I enjoyed this apartment very much. We arrived by train from Edinburgh, which is very walkable from the apartment, but as I was ill and we needed to go to another property of the owners to pick up keys, we took a quick taxi ride. Robin took the time to explain how to enter the building and walked out to the taxi to make sure the driver dropped us off in the right spot.
The location is suberb. Right on the river, with many restaurants and shops nearby. A Tesco store is across the bridge as is the bus and train stations. I didn't eat out at all as I made good use of the fully stocked kitchen. The entire apartment was clean and well decorated. Loved being able to open the balcony door to get fresh air and people watch--pretty much all the outdoors I could manage with my timely illness.

Room Tip: 203 was lovely!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wordnerd71
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed in flat 210 for two nights virtually above a popular pub. The flat was far too hot so we had to keep the windows open. The music from the pub didn't stop until 12.30 and the street cleaning started at 6 am. On the second night there was a street cleaner at 12.30 am plus! We hardly slept and would certainly not recommend staying here.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

Stayed in Apartment 204 during July 2013, (it has a good parking bay on the end in the secure garage) and it was everything we could have wished for. The indoor decor, fixtures and fitting were all to a very high standard, the furniture on the balcony could have down with a clean as it was obvious it had not been done for a while, (we did it ourselves - but that’s the problem with seagulls)! Also the door to the balcony has lost its stay to keep it open, a small problem as with the breeze up the river it kept banging it shut, (I rigged up a temp solution with a bit of string).

Aside for those 2 small issues we found it had everything we wanted and to a high standard. I would recommend a river view as the Castle views must overlook the high street which was a bit noisy at times.

As for eating out we tried the River House, The Mustard Seed, The Kitchen, Nico’s and Little Italy. Excluding the Mustard Seed I can say that food in every was good and no bad experiences but to put a little more eat on the bone so to speak;
The River House – It is a small place, I would estimate about 30 covers. Absolutely excellent food (the best) but was let down a bit by slow service. I think this could be because they are a victim of their success and you must book if you want chance of getting in before 9.00pm.
The Mustard Seed – almost as good as the River House, bigger, more lively and much better service, just piped by the River House for quality of food. Again you must book, saw lot of people turned away – no tables before 9.30pm.
The Kitchen – Can’t comment on the food as customer experience extremely poor so never got to eat.
Nico’s – Good food, big portions, very fast customer service, not exceptional just good value for money.
Little Italy – Just what you expect an Italian restaurant to be. Small tables a bit close together. Good food, good service, great staff, I am sure it is family owned and run – lovely.

Room Tip: Higher river view rooms.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mike S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have visited the Highland apartments on 3 seperate occasions and each visit has been as good, if not better than the last.
I have stayed in apts 100,102 and 104. I have always found them immaculate and I agree with a previous review that these apartments would not be out of place in London or New York. Try to book an apartment with access to the terrace, they are huge and great for sitting out enjoying the sunset.
The location is fantastic, central with amazing views.
I initially visited with family and on my last visit I introduced friends to this hidden gem and they were as impressed as I knew they would be.
I would highly recommend The Kitchen or The Mustard Seed for meals out, the food is fantastic and they do very reasonable set menus.
I always look forward to visiting Highland apartments and am sure our forthcoming visit in September will not disappoint.
I have no qualms in recommending going, there is no better place to stay in Inverness

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank tjm1976
Oslo Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

It was one year ago that we stayed in the Highland Apartments last, during a very hot long weekend.
The return stay did not let us down either, the weather was just as hot and the time we spent in Inverness was just as enjoyable as the previous year.
The apartment we had this time (203) was as good as last and the place is now top of our list of where to stay when in town. Writing about it though might let out the secret and we may find competition in finding an apartment when we want one!
Downsides: Nothing great but some details to take into consideration.
Apartment inside is excellent, however,due to the weather the bedroom was hot at night though. (Fan maybe?)
The veranda could be updated a bit and the aluminium furniture was showing signs of wear.
(It's nice to sit and take a glass of wine and watch the world go by)

We will be back.

Room Tip: Lower floor have huge verandas but closer to the street level noise. upper floors provide lovely vi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business