“Roast Beef Lunch”

Cuisines: Scottish, Gastropub, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had lunch here with friends last Sunday and found the service, food and location perfect. The roast beef was perfect.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,679)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Really couldn't ask for more - good food, good service, and right by loch ness.
Somehow doesn't feel like too much of a tourist trap, although we did get there early for lunch.
We actually went back for lunch a second day.
It's also possible to walk along the beach and through the woods to a point that looks all the way back up the lake, takes about 20 minutes each way.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Having read some of the reports about the Dores Inn, and having spoken with the owners of Pottery house, which by the way is probably the best B&B we have ever stayed in, we dined at the Inn on two consecutive occasions.

I would have given a better rating if the manager had not been so dismissive and condescending with my complaint.
I received a burger that apart from being dry, was off. Sour taste on first bite and after smelling it, was nothing short of disgusted. He made the remark after having heard my complaint that it was prepared fresh that morning...

Hmmmm...better a good idea to rather apologise, than try to justify an appalling burger.
Was taken off the invoice and my replacement was also not charged for, but to be reminded of this upon presentation of the bill, was just not on.

Staff, in particular need to go for lessons on how to smile, we found them very surly, particularly the younger ones.

They all need to learn customer etiquette.

Chef also needs to wake up, and see that serving off meat is not really conducive to a good reputation. Sorry, wont go back.

1  Thank Nick L
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We visited Dores on a Globus tour! Location was fabulous not to mention the quaintness of the Inn. Enjoyed listening to the locales and milling about. We didn't eat there but a couple of drinks were included with this excursion. I was introduced to Irn-bru!, an awesome Scottish soft drink. Wish it was sold in the United States.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I love this place, it has so much character, the location is beautiful and we were there on a lovely evening so managed to eat our dinner out on the patio over looking the Loch. The food was so good, I had the salmon and crab salad to start with which was delicious and the homemade burger which was great. My partner had the steak and said it was the best steak he had eaten for ages. We will definitely go back.

1  Thank katie_630