“Cosy Lunch”
Review of The Corner Bar and Bistro - CLOSED

The Corner Bar and Bistro
Price range: US$14 - US$47
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Centrally situated within Inverness City Centre the Corner Bar and Bistro provides extremely comfortable surroundings with an added touch of Scottish character. Our varied menu offers steak, chicken, fish, vegetarian and pasta dishes - there is something for everyone, including of course haggis starters and mains and daily specials! Oh, and there's no need to rush off after your meal - customers are encouraged to stay and sample our variety of beers, wines and cocktails.....!
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We stopped in here on a drizzly saturday afternoon for lunch. I had the chicken burger and my husband the Haggis and beef burger. The portions were so huge we just couldn't finish them as hard a we tried. so much so my husband said his belly button hurt. lol. god food and portions for your money, would definitely go back for a burger!

There are newer reviews for The Corner Bar and Bistro

Reviewed 15 July 2012

This restaurant is absolutely beautiful inside. It creates such a beautiful atmosphere to have dinner in. I'm not someone who knows a lot about steak and maybe it was just a bad cut that I got, but there was so much fat in it that I left most of it. It also tasted like a block of butter had been melted on top, which was very overpowering. Fantastic cocktails though!

1  Thank Shelzybelz
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We ate at this restaurant twice as the food was very good and tasty. We had the early evening menu priced at £12.95 for two courses and a drink of your choice. (5pm-6.30pm Mon-Fri) There was plenty to choose from and I had the Haggis to start which was good. The portion sizes were plentyful and I would recommend this restuarant very highly. The staff were good and the ambiance was very nice.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

One would think by looking at their menu that this place does a good Scottish steak. Beef from this country is fabulous so we were hopeful. Unfortunately we were let down. Slow service (not busy) and steak of very poor quality. Hand cut chips were few and far between. Most expensive meal we had in five nights of eating. Poor.

1  Thank Blott2000
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We dined here tonight (11/7) and after reading reviews, here and elsewhere, and on personal recommendation. To be honest we were disappointed with the food but the customer service was good!

We arrived at approximately 8pm, without reservation, and we were seen to some available seats. After 15 minutes a menu arrived and then 10 minutes later one of the servers appeared (we would be attended to by all 5 during the evening). They duly, and professionally, took our order for main course and drinks and then served a rather nice bread platter along with our drinks.

The food however was sometime in the waiting... almost 25 minutes to be precise. I am fully aware that ordering just a main course can cause a seemingly massive delay in the main course being served but it was not busy and we had both ordered steak (something this restaurant is apparently famed for).

It arrived after a time and to be honest I was disappointed with the plating... I had ordered a 10oz Sirloin cooked med/rare and my plate contained a pathetic overcooked piece of unidentifiable bovine, 4 onion rings, a piece of tomato and a flaccid watery mushroom.. served separately was a little bucket of skin on fries which were the only edible thing served... this cost £18.95

I mentioned the fact that this was not right to the server and to be fair it was taken away and after around 10 minutes it was made right... I should add that the steak was very well seasoned, something that you don't see too often. However the fat had not been rendered and it hadn't been seared making it very tough through the membrane... this was compounded as there weren't any steak knives (considering this is a steakhouse it is very poor that I have to saw through a lump of cow with a normal knife which, to be fair, could have been sharper).

We decided to skip desert and had a coffee and a cocktail and asked for our bill... 20 minutes later it appeared and I had to recover our jackets and find someone to pay.

The senior server/manager then said that they would remove the drinks from the bill due to the inadequacies and this saved £9

The promptness in replacing my meal and the reparations are the only thing saving this from being a 1 star.