“Good value nice staff.”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 February 2014

We often call in here for lunch while we are in town. i am not a fan of "plastic food" but the food i have had here is all been great.. bar on meal which was breakfast which was burnt. But every other meal has been great my Favorite i have to say is the club sandwich.. (sorry i don't have a photo of that one.)
they have special meal deals which i am glad to say are great value for money. off the top of my head Tuesday is steak days with Wednesday being Chicken and Friday fish..

It gets busy because of the value and because i think of the staff who are always very helpful and pleased to be there it seems.....

Now you have to know if you have a small appetite your going to stuggle the portions are large.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We cannot seem to go past Wetherspoons.The quality of the food is consistent and the value second to none.On Friday or Saturday nights you also have an added bonus of Hen nights or group outings--good entertainment value.The clientel are a varied mix and if you enjoy people watching,as I do,it's extra value.
The staff are friendly and helpful.We have never had a bad experience there in all the years we've been going.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

There is no doubt Wetherspoons is excellent value for for money, for food as well as drink. However, a little customer service goes a long way and they have let themselves down on this front.
These were my issues:
Table was dirty to begin with, glasses had obviously been removed but it hadn't been wiped.
Unfriendly, unsmiling staff. If you don't like helping people, don't work in this sector!
Person taking food order unaware they had run out of one of two specials. Did not automatically offer the free drink which came with the alternative selection.
The tables were not cleared of plates or glasses between courses. The waitress half heatedly removed a couple of plates when bringing desserts as there was no room, but didn't return for the rest.
Had to return the pancakes as they were like leather (avoid at all costs) and ask for the table to be cleared. A different waitress eventually cleared and wiped half the table. Very lethargically.

All in all, a disappointment.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

One of the worst meals I've had in a long time. Wetherspoons don't carry some high-quality food profile, but I've been in many pubs where the grub was of fantastic value and was good to the tastebuds. Other Wetherspoons establishments I've visited were likewise serving decent tasting value meals.

The King's Highway in Inverness is a pretty poor excuse for a restaurant. What I ordered was hardly dirt cheap, but it tasted bland and had barely any identifiable ingredients in what on the menu sounded like a pretty interesting dish. My other half's dish was slightly more flavoured (which doesn't mean much up against what I was having) but again, for what it was meant to be, was a bland experience. I would have complained and changed the dish if I didn't suspect the replacement would be spat in.

Even if they offered a voucher for money off or a free meal or anything of the sort, I'd never bother using it, it's off my list of places to go.

The waitresses were friendly and pleasant enough, it's a shame the kitchen staff don't take any pride in what they're putting onto the table. Either that, or the kitchens are managed in such a way as to deny them any chance to take the time to make decent meals.

1  Thank recurring212
Reviewed 18 November 2013

As with all Wetherspoons I expect a very similar experience. Good, reasonably priced food in a fairly relaxed atmosphere. I like to go to some where I know what to expect.

The staff were friendly and smiley. It is a fairly large interior, though had a dark feel to it.

Sadly the reason why I have rated so low is due to the worse meal I have ever experienced in any Wetherspoons. As a vegetarian I really wanted to have some nice green and wholesome food, I hear why are you going to a chain pub? Well I have never been let down by 'Spoons' until now.

My meal looked like it had been frozen and warmed up again and again. I mean how hard is it to cook pasta and salad?

This has left me feeling a little meh, however I do feel that I should also contact Wetherspoons. This was one of 3 Wetherspoons on my holiday and I would like to point out that this is a rarity.

1  Thank Dsunshineseeker