Party of 2, part of a group, 4 nights, dinner and breakfast, last week of May 2014. Hotel is conveniently located close to Inverness St. Such is the general presentation and lack of 'Scottishness' that it could be located at the back of Kings Cross London or Lower Manhattan. Totally without any character. Upon entering, we though we were in a disco, suitable for 15+ teenagers, such was the loudness and overblown bass thump emanating from the loudspeakers. This noise, despite best efforts to have the sound turned down and the bass level reduced, permeated and spoilt every meal, so much so that on the final evening, we could not tolerate any more time in the hotel restaurant. In the hotel brochure, it states that 'nobody works harder than Penta hotels, to make sure that the ambience is perfect for our guests'. Hotel brochure depicts photos of 25 year olds. In reality there were no 15 year olds or 25 year old yuppies to be seen during our stay. There were a few business people and non business people, and altogether the age profile of guests averaged 40-50. Upon complaining about the noise, I was told that the music content and volume was controlled from Germany! If Inverness turned it down, Germany would turn it back up, In summary, public areas of the hotel, despite a nicely laid out breakfast bar and reasonably produced food, were completely ruined. Many of the group that we accompanied, agreed wholeheartedly with these comments. Rooms - pleasantly modern, but completely lacking enclosed cupboard space, shelves and drawers, and suitable racks for luggage. Thus we were living out of suitcase and we unable to properly store our clothes. Bathroom shower, whilst non-slip flooring needed a safety grab handle. Also no soap dish. Impossible to reach the toilet paper whilst seated, as holder was behind the toilet. Complimentary water and toiletries were appreciated, as was large screen tv.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From our beautifully central location on Academy Street, pentahotel Inverness is your perfect base for a perfect stay in the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Shops, attractions, historic sites and the knockout northern beauty of our landscape are all here, waiting for you. And of course there’s no escaping the famous Nessie, our rarely spotted but very important local celebrity. You never know, he might be staying with us at the same time as you. Autograph opportunity… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your pentahotel Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Pentahotel Inverness Scotland