“Unique-loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Unique-loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel was fresh and funky really out of the "box". Staff were great and the room was comfortable. The hotel is located in the heart of the city making it great for links by train. We didn't eat but the menu looked rather satisfactory. We enjoyed the cocktails and the lounge is a great place to relax after a long day. Will definitely be back for more!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear SJF23

Thank you for your 5* review! We are delighted you enjoyed our new 'pentalounge'.
The cocktail menu has been very popular since we opened in March.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and hope to see you again soon.

Ina Davies, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked this hotel as a Ramada Encore through Priceline. Whe I arrived after walking up and down the main street for almost an hour, I am told by a stranger that it is now called Pentahotel. When I walked in, I thought I was in the wrong place and walked back out. The people waiting on the sidewalk looked at me and said, "yes, THAT is the hotel lobby" NO it is NOT, it is a bar! There is no lobby, just a bar where you check in. We were told it was too early, so we sat and ate breakfast to the tune of 15.00p EACH! We were allowed to keep our luggage there for the day at no cost. The entrance floor to this hotel is more like a nightclub with very dim lighting, a pool table and a place to hang out. It in no way looks like a hotel, any hotel I have ever seen. I PREPAID 6 months earlier on Priceline for 84.90 US and was told upon checkin that I was allset, but of course, they always take your CC as a backup. Our room was 311. The view is of other buildings and rooftops. The room is a good size with hardwood flooring, flat screen tv, modern decor, 2 twin beds with duvet and extra pillows and a full size mirror. Free wifi, a hairdryer, hospitality items such as tea/coffe/shampoo/cond./lotion. There is a restaurant on premises and it is expensive. Bathroom is average size for Europe and has a shower only. Room has a deadbolt and peephole for security. Room was clean except for a hole in my sheets and a stain on my duvet.This hotel is located in the old section of Inverness and a short walk to an indoor/outdoor mall with plenty of shops and restaurants. SADLY, this hotel charged me $219.37 TWICE on my CC the day I left after already prepaying for my one nights stay at 84.90. I am STILL in dispute over this as they refuse to contact me or Priceline or my bank. This would have been a nice stay, but I have heard of others stating THEY were over charged as well since it became a Penthotel. I will continue to fight for my $440.00 that they stole from my card and would NOT recommend this hotel until they get a new accountant or train their staff better. I would LOVE to be contacted by them to clear this matter up and receive my money back please!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank KenmareLisa
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Lisa

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am extremely disappointed and sorry about your experience with us. To allow me to address this for you immediately please contact me at ina.davies@pentahotels.com, I am unable to locate your reservation via your id on trip advisor.

Many thanks

Ina Davies, General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Inverness hotels

Aberdeen
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times now. I like paying my bill when I check inn. Seems to be a problem here. It's very funky in the reception area but to be honest I preferred the old hotel layout. The rooms are the same as before. Very clean and modern. However the rooms I've stayed in are very stuffy. Breakfast is good and starts early. Stayed here with work but wouldn't choose this hotel if holidaying.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank findals
Dear Findals
I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Peterborough, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

stayed here as part of a group for the last night before catching the london train next morning. the hotel is in an excellent location for that. check in was very chaotic as serving drinks seemed to be first priority. the restaurant area is not geared up for groups as despite being previously booked we were unable to have our meal before 8.30. the food was very good when we did get it. the rooms were very modern in decor but quite fine for an overnight stay. we were over the outside smoking area so had to keep the window shut due to noise and fumes which made the room very warm. we didn't sleep too well. the staff were friendly when you did manage to get served but the bar seemed to be priority at all times. staff were thin on the ground.

1 Thank rdw774
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear rdw774

Thank you for taking time to share your review. We really appreciate your comments and continually aim to improve.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Highlands!

York, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Yet again had problems checking in!
There is no reception and you have to check in at the main bar.
This can take some time if the bar is busy.
My last check in took over ten minutes as the bar does seem to take preference over customers checking in, and why not at the prices they charge!
It can also be difficult to hear what the check in staff are saying because of the loud music!
I was unable to get any food at the hotel as they were busy that night and had run out (honest, that’s what I was told). I went for a takeaway meal which was very nice and only a fraction of the cost of the hotel food.
The rooms at the left hand side of the hotel can be very noisy if you have the window open as they face onto the smoking area of the lap dancing bar next door and this goes on until the very early hours. There is also a very large air conditioning unit that drones away all night.
The answer is to close the window but at this time of year the rooms become very stuffy, also making it difficult to sleep.
The breakfast is very nice but the area is cramped and if busy can take a long time to get your food and drink.
After breakfast I went to my room to collect my bag before leaving, only to find that my keycard would not work. I then had to go back down to the bar to join the queue of other people who’s keycards had also stopped working. Good job I was not in a hurry!!!!!
The staff are very good and helpful but there are just too many service issues with this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on left of hotel are noisy due to being close to the smoking area of the lap dancing establish...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Steve W
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Steve

A message has been sent to you to address the issues you experienced.

Many thanks

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Two problems encountered in stay at the Pentahotel Inverness:

1. Our room backed onto a small yard at the back of a strip club. Every 20-30mins throughout the night the strippers would come out to chat and laugh. Most of them smoked, with the smoke drifting into the room. We couldn't get any decent sleep.

2. Booked a taxi to the airport, but no taxi arrived. Difficult to say if the problem lay with the hotel or the taxi rank (taxi driver who arrived said the former claiming no call had been made).

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear 624MEP

I am extremely sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us.

The noise issue would have been dealt with immediately by our nights team, they have no record of a call being made to them. As we are situated in the city centre, we do experience some noise from time to time. Our team are trained to deal with this to avoid further disturbance.

I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future, please contact me direct if you are visiting Inverness again. ina.davies@pentahotels.com

Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We opted for staying at this hotel as part of our Scotland tour as driving from Loch Lomond to Loch Ness to Edinburgh seemed a bit much for one day.

We prebooked via Booking.com back in April. Upon arrival we were informed that there were no bookings in our names, however luckily they still had spare rooms and honoured the price we'd booked under back in April (luckily we had the email confirmation!). The room it self was modern and spacious and there was a nice big 42 inch HD tv in the room. Downstairs the entrance/bar area looked rather fancy in the modern bar kind of fashion.

The one downside is that there is no parking at this hotel. The nearest car park is the multi storey next to the bus station which is a 5 min walk away (which seems further when you are lugging 2 large suitcases!) and costs £4.50 for 24 hours.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear valued guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and use all feedback to continually improve our customer service and guest experience.

We do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Kind regards,