“Best hotel breakfast in Scotland !”

pentahotel Inverness
Ranked #21 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I stay her for work and it's the best hotel in our network. If I was visiting Inverness for a holiday I would recommend this hotel as well. I always have an early start and the Chef is in at first light to prepare the BEST breakfast in Scotland. The staff are friendly and there's comfy sofas with a pool table and cosy corners in the bar.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Matt
Thank you so much for your great review.
'Best hotel breakfast in Scotland!' our breakfast chef is delighted to be recognised.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Ina Davies

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed at the Penta hotel for 3 nights recently, first impression was very good with an up market interior feel about it.
Sadly this was let down with the price/quality of food, first night I had a prawn cocktail followed by a double cheeseburger, called the heart attack burger, unfortunately there was not much taste from either the prawn cocktail or burger. ate out the next night at the Rajah restaurant just round the corner from the hotel, this is well worth a visit, busy for a Wednesday which is a good sign, the meal was reasonably priced and the food was really good. gave the hotel another chance on the Thursday, this was far better, I had the sirloin steak which was cooked to perfection but was priced at £25, most places would charge around about £18-£20. biggest let down for the hotel was the waiting staff on the Thursday, sat at table for 15 minutes before being approached, girl said she would be back, another 15 minutes had passed so decided to seek her out, she replied that she had to have a break.
The room was pretty basic, large enough with wooden floor but no cupboard space just a small rack with 6 coat hangers, not much for a double room.
Never a 4 star hotel although I have stayed in a lot of worse places, not a great advertisement for foreign travellers with the prices set so high, the Mecure hotel food is far better plus they also have a pool/sauna, although the Mecure hotel can be noisy if your room is on the street side, the Mecure rooms are slightly dated but the hotel is better than the Penta.

Room Tip: The only thing I can say about the Penta room was it was quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear sanders24

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and use all feedback to continually improve our customer service and guest experience.

I am extremely sorry for the service you received on your last evening, I have sent you a message off line to address this.

We do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I've stayed in this hotel twice now in 2013 and 2014. It has changed ownership during this period. The rooms seem the same, although this year I was in a disabled access room that was much larger and had a huge bathroom that was more like a wet room with primary colour railings. My colleagues were in rooms much like mine in 2013. The main changes seem to be in the reception and bar area. Reception doubles for the area for bar orders, and the room is dominated by TV monitors and a large screen. As I was there during the World Cup, it seemed more like a sports bar, which I didn't mind as I love football. Price for a large white wine by the glass is £6.50, pricey albeit good wine. The location is excellent. My room was stuffy, and I didn't sleep very well over the three nights. If I opened a window, it was noisy as my room overlooked the bar patio area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear RosaBonheur

We do hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again soon.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The hotel was fresh and funky really out of the "box". Staff were great and the room was comfortable. The hotel is located in the heart of the city making it great for links by train. We didn't eat but the menu looked rather satisfactory. We enjoyed the cocktails and the lounge is a great place to relax after a long day. Will definitely be back for more!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear SJF23

Thank you for your 5* review! We are delighted you enjoyed our new 'pentalounge'.
The cocktail menu has been very popular since we opened in March.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I booked this hotel as a Ramada Encore through Priceline. Whe I arrived after walking up and down the main street for almost an hour, I am told by a stranger that it is now called Pentahotel. When I walked in, I thought I was in the wrong place and walked back out. The people waiting on the sidewalk looked at me and said, "yes, THAT is the hotel lobby" NO it is NOT, it is a bar! There is no lobby, just a bar where you check in. We were told it was too early, so we sat and ate breakfast to the tune of 15.00p EACH! We were allowed to keep our luggage there for the day at no cost. The entrance floor to this hotel is more like a nightclub with very dim lighting, a pool table and a place to hang out. It in no way looks like a hotel, any hotel I have ever seen. I PREPAID 6 months earlier on Priceline for 84.90 US and was told upon checkin that I was allset, but of course, they always take your CC as a backup. Our room was 311. The view is of other buildings and rooftops. The room is a good size with hardwood flooring, flat screen tv, modern decor, 2 twin beds with duvet and extra pillows and a full size mirror. Free wifi, a hairdryer, hospitality items such as tea/coffe/shampoo/cond./lotion. There is a restaurant on premises and it is expensive. Bathroom is average size for Europe and has a shower only. Room has a deadbolt and peephole for security. Room was clean except for a hole in my sheets and a stain on my duvet.This hotel is located in the old section of Inverness and a short walk to an indoor/outdoor mall with plenty of shops and restaurants. SADLY, this hotel charged me $219.37 TWICE on my CC the day I left after already prepaying for my one nights stay at 84.90. I am STILL in dispute over this as they refuse to contact me or Priceline or my bank. This would have been a nice stay, but I have heard of others stating THEY were over charged as well since it became a Penthotel. I will continue to fight for my $440.00 that they stole from my card and would NOT recommend this hotel until they get a new accountant or train their staff better. I would LOVE to be contacted by them to clear this matter up and receive my money back please!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank KenmareLisa
Ina D, General Manager at pentahotel Inverness, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Lisa

Thank you for reviewing our hotel.

I am extremely disappointed and sorry about your experience with us. To allow me to address this for you immediately please contact me at ina.davies@pentahotels.com, I am unable to locate your reservation via your id on trip advisor.

Many thanks

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here a couple of times now. I like paying my bill when I check inn. Seems to be a problem here. It's very funky in the reception area but to be honest I preferred the old hotel layout. The rooms are the same as before. Very clean and modern. However the rooms I've stayed in are very stuffy. Breakfast is good and starts early. Stayed here with work but wouldn't choose this hotel if holidaying.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank findals

Dear Findals
I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We are very proud of our hard working team and we continue to look for new ways to improve our service for our guests.

We do look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

stayed here as part of a group for the last night before catching the london train next morning. the hotel is in an excellent location for that. check in was very chaotic as serving drinks seemed to be first priority. the restaurant area is not geared up for groups as despite being previously booked we were unable to have our meal before 8.30. the food was very good when we did get it. the rooms were very modern in decor but quite fine for an overnight stay. we were over the outside smoking area so had to keep the window shut due to noise and fumes which made the room very warm. we didn't sleep too well. the staff were friendly when you did manage to get served but the bar seemed to be priority at all times. staff were thin on the ground.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rdw774

Dear rdw774

Thank you for taking time to share your review. We really appreciate your comments and continually aim to improve.

We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the Highlands!