I stayed at the Pentahotel with my partner for a short break in Inverness recently. We were pleased with the location and were able to park at the multi-story car park a short distance away which was very reasonably priced. Checking in at the hotel bar was unusual but since it was quiet we didn't mind. The member of staff on shift was friendly and gave a good impression.
The room was basic and seemed more like a travel lodge (much more expensive though!), but was clean and comfortable. However, the heat was incredible overnight and we barely slept a wink!
We had a few drinks in the hotel bar in the evening and while the service was extremely slow and the barmaid didn't know how to make the £8 cocktail they were advertising, it was a nice atmosphere with really comfortable seating.
When we were checking out the next day the same girl as the morning before gave us our invoice which we didn't realise was missing two of the cocktails we had ordered the previous night. I paid the bill and we went on our way. Over the coming days I have received 3 phone calls and 2 voicemails from the hotel demanding payment for these drinks. - £16 worth. I asked if they had my card details already and they said they hadn't taken them so needed a payment over the phone. I was out for a walk at the time of the phone call and didn't have my purse with me so said I would be in touch. When I got home I became quite irritated at the way in which I had been phoned for the payments of drinks they had been too careless to charge for, compounded by the fact they had forgotten to take a deposit from me in the first place. I was now being inconvenienced for their mistake. Subsequently when they called me while I was at work. Both calls being during working hours, I couldn't pick up the call and have decided that I will continue to ignore their requests for payment based on the inconvenience their mistake and carelessness is causing me, all for the measly sum of £16.
This hotel need to learn to accept that if you have forgotten to take a deposit for a room and forgotten to charge for two drinks (one of which was apparently too challenging to make in the first place) then you should accept quiet defeat on the matter, and not expect a customer to make a payment over the phone using their credit card for such a tiny sum, and for something that was not at all their fault in the first place.
I would recommend staying in an alternative hotel and have entirely annoyed at the manner in which this hotel have conducted themselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From our beautifully central location on Academy Street, pentahotel Inverness is your perfect base for a perfect stay in the capital of the Scottish Highlands. Shops, attractions, historic sites and the knockout northern beauty of our landscape are all here, waiting for you. And of course there’s no escaping the famous Nessie, our rarely spotted but very important local celebrity. You never know, he might be staying with us at the same time as you. Autograph opportunity… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your pentahotel Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Encore Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Pentahotel Inverness Scotland