“Poor service, very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Culloden Moor Inn

Culloden Moor Inn
Ranked #22 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inverness
“Poor service, very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

My wife and I did not reserve a table so waited 30 mins in the bar next door, which was fine. Once we were seated we ordered starters and mains, and more drinks. First thing I noticed was the waitress did not take away our empty glasses - this continued until we got the bill by the way - 6 empty glasses on the table? Really?

I ordered soup and the fish. Waited ages for starters to arrive, and my soup was luke warm - But I was starving so ate it anyway (I have never in my life sent a dish back - just put up with it). My wife's starter was delicious she said.

No one came near us again for ages, had to flag down a waitress to order more drinks. We were waiting quite a while for our mains to come when the waitress came over and said "i'm sorry we just ran out of fish" - What? you're telling me this about an hour after i've ordered it? what a joke. I ordered steak pie instead which was watery and tasteless, a corn on the cob with no cob holders? I paid £14 for it and you would think it was from a bus station cafe. Very Poor. My wife hardly touched her main as it was dry and tasteless also. Now normally in a restaurant waiting staff will approach and ask "everything ok?" No one came near. The place wasn't even busy. I heard a neighbouring table complain about the fact they had not received their drinks also. I counted 5 girls working, so they were hardly ran off their feet. The staff were pleasant enough but mostly teenagers and had no idea how to serve customers.

When I got the bill I noticed the fish was on it and also a side, neither of which were received. We live quite near the place so I am really disappointed as it's quite handy. Really bad service, and overpriced bland food. Maybe I caught the place on an "off-night" - but my wife and I agreed never to return so I guess I'll never find out!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank unkles

Duns, United Kingdom
“Never disappoints!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This restaurant is situated just beyond the Culloden battlefield and very easy to find. Lots of tables, so far I have never had to wait for a table. You get massive big portions of food! Lots of selection on the menu. It's really hard to say no to 3 courses!! Good price for the standard of food. Staff are always very pleasant and helpful. You don't have to wait long at all for food to be served.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
UKRetired
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

Stayed one night at a local B and B which was within 5 mins walk of restaurant.
It was a Saturday night and we were pleased to have booked a table in advance as it was very busy. We were seated immediately on arrival, all staff were friendly and helpful. Meal was excellent and served very quickly. Portions are on the large side so a starter and a main was a bit of a struggle!!!

Inverness
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I must agree with a previous reviewer don't eat much on the day of your visit. The portion sizes are very generous so a main course would be sufficient for a lot of people. Prices may seem a bit steep at first glance, but when you receive your meal well worth every penny. Service was quick and efficient and staff friendly and courteous. Would definitely visit again and recommend to friends.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Went here after visiting Culloden Moor and the Clava Stones and building up a good appetite. We got a table straightaway and all decided on the fish and chips. When it arrived, about 15 minutes later, we were shocked with the size of the fish.......... it was massive. The chips were lovely and the homemade coleslaw was nice too. The waitress was very nice and chatty and the service was good. cost almost £60 for the food and drinks, but to be honest it was well worth the money

Visited March 2013