“Could be better”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Culloden Moor Inn

Culloden Moor Inn
Ranked #24 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Bar, European, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ballachulish, United Kingdom
“Could be better”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Arrived with friends on a Friday night without booking on the recommendation of our landlady. The Culloden Moor car park was busy with young people drinking and smoking and almost full of cars, all of which describes how popular the restaurant is. The place is relatively modern and has no architectural merit whatsoever, in addition, there was the most awful stench coming I presume from the drains or septic tank. It did not seem to put off the rest of the customers outside but it was a really poor start.
We decided to go in and the restaurant was as busy inside as out. We apologised for not booking and a very friendly proprietor asked us to go to the bar and have a drink, he would have a table ready in 20 mins. The bar, in contrast to the restaurant, was quite empty and soul-less. In short order we were ushered into the restaurant by the said Prop by the staff route past the beer barrels and bins!
We were given rather grubby and worn menus by a very friendly waitress and despite the late hour, we were given time to make our choices without any pressure. Our meals were quite standard pub grub but big helpings and made with some care. I would have no hesitation in recommending you eat here. Prop and his staff were great, we were the last out and it was a very good meal. There are some things that could be done to tidy up the offer at Culloden Moor, in particular the drain thing, but we could easily see why the place is bouncing with life in the evening, it is darn good value.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Dmcslack

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Ate here two nights running as it was so good!”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We had found a B & B just outside Inverness, "Eiland View" (which was the best we have found for a long, long time). In the information brochure were a number of local restaraunts and the "Culloden Moor Inn" was just a few minutes away. So glad it was although when we pulled up it didn't look like an Inn from the outside. However we were pleasantly surprised inside and were welcomed by a cheerful, friendly member of staff who showed us to our table. The menu was very good and the food was superb with enormous helpings - Great value. The staff were extremely friendly and courteous and the service was exceptionally good. Would recommend to all travellers in the area.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank Pathfinder48
Strathaven, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A Good Feed and Plenty of Choice.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This restaurant was obviously very popular with the locals and we found the staff very friendly, the food excellent and the menu had a good range of choice. It is only a 2 minute drive from the Culloden Battlefield site and we would recommend it to all visitors to the area.

Visited July 2014
3 Thank David M
Muir, Michigan
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I hadn't been in years and the rave reviews and reputation built up around the town sounded great so on impulse I went here thinking I was in for a treat. Service was friendly and helpful, when I asked for wifi I was told it was available but unsure of code to bear with them. However the food really disappointed I started with nacho, plain and simple then had a chicken burger, which I actually removed the dried up chicken (-a bit of Cajun chicken from that evenings specials) and ate the bun filled with salad. My friend had luke warm soup and then the Cajun chicken, the Cajun chicken even within it's own context was dry and a disappointment. Shame this place couldn't match it's normal race reviews

2 Thank Kirsty J
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Go there!”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Greeted by enthusiastic friendly staff who managed to seat us even though it was busy (and as a bonus the tables weren't squashed in) Great selection of food. I had lasagne which was proper homemade stuff and my husband had the MASSIVE steak! Steaks can be hit or miss and especially ones the size of half a cow but this was fantastic quality and tender, cooked to perfection and had a fantastic selection of accompanying chips etc including delicious home made onion rings. Our only regret was being so full that we couldn't manage pudding....on the upside next time we go I shall ensure I starve myself before hand as the desserts looked lush!

• Visited May 2014