“We were looking for a child-friendly place and found it.”
Review of Culloden Moor Inn

Culloden Moor Inn
Ranked #32 of 277 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 February 2016

Excellent service for a family, with a varied enough pub-type menu to satisfy. A lounge-type environment where the bar doesn't dominate. Friendly and attentive young staff, well trained! Obviously a place that's well run, hands-on. Wasn't busy when we arrived for an early Saturday lunch but soon filled up with families. Young kids well catered for. The few minor issues were dealt with in a friendly and efficient manner.

1  Thank Kenny F

Reviewed 22 January 2016 via mobile

Eaten here many times and food is reliable, consistent and substantial. Service can be a bit slow if it is busy and last time we had to wait 20 mins for a table. They take bookings though so probably best to call ahead. My only real complaint is that the portions are far too big, even for me!

Reviewed 28 December 2015

Food good but had to wait ages for it. First table we were at, was freezing had to sit with jackets on, very uncomfortable, noticed table next to radiator, temperature better there.

1  Thank tanya999
Reviewed 9 December 2015

Stopped here for a late lunch. I was a little disappointed there was no Sunday lunch on offer but as we arrived late afternoon, I couldn't say much...
The starters were really nice. My partner had white onion soup which he really said had a lovley flavour, while I had the creamy mushrroms on toasted ciabatta bread.....fab!!
The haddock and chips was a good too, the batter on the fish was nice and crisp with chunky chips and peas. The smoked haddock fish cake served on a bed of black pudding with chips and salad and was my main course, which for me was all a little bit dry and could have done with some kind of sauce?
Will need a second visit!!

Reviewed 9 December 2015

This is a great restaurant, once you get inside. Don't be deceived by the outside, which is a little off-putting and tatty looking. It doesn't look like a nice restaurant but once you get inside it is very pleasant. We had to wait a while for a table, which was fair enough, as it was a Saturday night and we hadn't booked. The meal was lovely and worth waiting for- we both had steak and ale pie, which was plentiful and very tasty. Reasonably priced, too. The staff were pleasant, efficient and friendly.