Macdonald Drumossie Hotel
US$174
Travelocity
US$120
PremierInn.com
All reviewslovely hotelseparate bath and showerattending a weddinglounge areadinner menugood sizeinverness areaculloden battlefieldleisure facilitiesenjoyable staylovely roomcomfortable roomssconesblack puddingcar parktea and coffeestayed for one night
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We have just returned from a brilliant weekend in the Highlands and stayed at the Drumossie as found a deal on Booking.com. The hotel is lovely, very Highland house sort of style with lots of sofas for relaxing, pleasant staff and an amazing restaurant.
To be honest it is the restaurant which carries this place, not cheap but worth every penny and the service and food are superb.
Outside of the restaurant, well it is as i say a little lacking... The room we had had lovely views across the gardens and was a great size with a comfy bed.
The cleanliness of the room needed some attention, very dusty around the edges, bathroom tiles needed wiping and after our first night when we returned to our room after our day out it looked like the only thing that had been done was the bed made. It was all little things but the curtains weren't pushed back, the bath hadn't been cleaned, the bed cushions were still on the floor where i had left them etc..... just lacking....
The bar is strange as the lounge is all table service with the bar in a small room behind reception, service is very very slow and we were served a cloudy pint twice and dried up olives.
It is a nice hotel and when you come across the staff they are polite, professional and ask how your day was etc... but i just feel that for a 4 star hotel there should have been a little more attentive service and a cleaner room.
We mentioned on our booking that it was our first wedding anniversary and there was no acknowledgement of this at all which was disappointing.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the rear as nice across the gardens
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I have reviewed a number of hotels and restaurants but this is the first time I have rated anything excellent - and a very deserved excellent!

Stayed for 2 nights with an Itison deal - 1 night DBB 1 night BB with bottle of Prosecco each day - a real bargain for the quality this hotel offers.

Room was huge spotless comfortable and quiet with a large bathroom with walk in shower and a bath. Public areas were all well presented - traditional and spacious with a very relaxing lounge area - no TV screens machines or other ghastly distractions! WiFi connection was excellent and plenty parking.

Food was of a really high standard and service in both Lounge and Restaurant was equally so - attentive without being obtrusive. All staff were pleasant helpful and keen to ensure you had a fantastic time. Welcome at reception was warm as well as efficient - receptionists were chatty and cheery taking time to ensure your needs were met.

If I was being really really picky I found the bedroom a tad chilly but my husband found it ok - personal choice really - and I didn't like the music in the restaurant or lounge area - I would have preferred none! There was a power cut when we were there and the staff very quickly set out huge candelabras - dining by candlelight in a quiet peaceful restaurant was a fabulously romantic experience - we really enjoyed it!

This in our view is a fantastic hotel offering excellent standards across the board - traditional but not at all stuffy! I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to everyone with no hesitation at all. I think it would be particularly good for a celebratory occasion for couples.

It is a taxi ride into Inverness if you want to go in for meals and drinks but this is the case in most places anyway and the taxi is inexpensive.

Enjoy when you go!

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After a misunderstanding over Tesco vouchers, the hotel went out of their way to accommodate our group, (more than I can say for the MacDonald's central reservations I may add).
Reception staff were extremely helpful and I would certainly stay here again. In fact, all staff were very pleasant and attentive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

If only more hotels could offer the service, quality and style of the New Drumossie....

I was attending a wedding at the New Drumossie and we booked a room in the hotel for the night of the wedding. Although from the outside the hotel - immaculately maintained and presented - looks a little dated in design it is anything but out of touch within. Rather the hotel has been furnished with high quality fabrics and furniture throughout....tartans, leather armchairs, large tables, framed paintings etc. very nice.

We deliberated over a standard or deluxe room....in the end my "commercial prudence" prevailed and we went for the standard room.
To say we were pleased with the room is an understatement. The quality of furnishings was excellent. Bed comfort excellent. Heating and ventilation - excellent. In room amenities - excellent.
Tea & Coffee making facilities - with a teapot that actually pours properly, Ironing Board, Iron, a hair dryer that is actually decent according to my wife(!), a large bathroom with separate shower and bath. 2 sitting chairs, table, good room service menu....etc.
Breakfast....excellent. Good choice of cereals, fruit, juices, bakery items. Excellent cooked breakfast. Plentiful hot tea, coffee & toast. Great high quality furnishings. Great service.

Just a mention about the wedding meal....also really excellent. High quality food, impeccable efficient service, pleasant airy room, organised staff.

Public areas - very comfortable, well decorated, exude class.

In the interests of "full disclosure" I have to mention a couple of minor issues. Our shower although working perfectly did seem to have part of the controls that was cracked....something for the maintenance department to look into. Drinks at the hotel did seem a little expensive...but I guess that is par for the course at functions these days.

Room Tip: Facing the front would be my recommendation
1  Thank kontiki-T60
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I stayed for a night with my partner for a romantic weekend away. Hotel was excellent. Staff were extremely helpful even when we managed to lock ourselves out of the room! Room was lovely. Very clean and of a high standard. Bed was extremely comfy!
There was a wedding going on at the same time, but we didnt hear any noise at all. Even when the music was blaring.
Food in the restuarant was amazing. Not a very extensive drinks list, apart from a huge range of wine. And drinks did take a while to get as they were being made in the bar at the other side of the hotel.
Area of the hotel was extremely quiet. Room was a bit warm so opened the windows. But in the morning it was lovely waking up to birds cheeping.
Will definitely reccomend this hotel and will try and stay again.