Lowest prices for your stay
£242
Hotels.com
£269
Get rewarded with One Key
£247
Get rewarded with One Key
All reviews afternoon tea lounge area beautiful hotel family wedding moray firth black pudding lovely room comfy bed breakfast was excellent outskirts highlands
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 November 2023 via mobile

The staff were all friendly and the hotel is in a nice area. We booked a deluxe family room. The room we ended up with was a small room with one big bed and a camp bad. The teenager barely fitted into the camp bed and I tripped over his feet getting to the bathroom. The food was lovely although the dinner menu was limited with no lighter options. They very kindly let me order a salad from the bar menu though. Breakfast was nice but since we last visited (when the family room was much larger) supplements have been added for some of the breakfast items so I’m not convinced by the inclusive breakfast offering.
Next time we are in Inverness we will stay somewhere else which is a shame as this could be much better than it is.

Room tip: Probably quite nice if you are a couple and want to eat a very large dinner. Not for families.
Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager , General Manager at Macdonald Drumossie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2023

Thank you Claire for your review on your recent stay, we did look into this and the family room you stayed in matched the pictures from the third party agent you booked with. Our family rooms are designed for two adults and children up to the age of 12.
The lovely feedback regarding the evening meals will be shared with our kitchen team.

Reviewed 4 November 2023 via mobile

Where to start. I had hoped that from a reputable hotel company that the experience would be good - sadly not

We were attending a function at this hotel

The meal was to say the least disappointing especially given the cost of it. My wife’s main course was actually only just edible and certainly did not rank as an enjoyable gastronomic experience

We bought two drinks at the bar and to say the least the prices were phenomenally steep. I paid by card and the young man behind the bar said that’s 15.10. I paid contactless on the offered machine and low and behold my phone immediately told me my card had been debited 16.70. I questioned this and was told 1.60 tip had been added. I had neither been asked or consented to this. The bar tender said he would refund this but he did not do so. This type of underhand dishonesty is something that should be below the standards of a hotel of this calibre

My rating is based on a comparison of my expectations and my sadly poor experience

I would advise others to beware of this rather over rated establishment

Date of stay: November 2023
Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Albia-Newton

Albia, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us, we can only apologies that your wife did not enjoy your food as this is one of if not our strongest areas in the hotel with a kitchen team who have worked for this company for over 10+ years each, had your wife highlighted her dislike on the evening the kitchen team would have been more than happy to accommodate as best they could.
Having investigated the function bar feedback you gave back our PDQ machines offer the option of a tip being added however this is at the discretion of the customer.

Reviewed 23 October 2023 via mobile

The room was fantastic 5*, Ines that checked us in was fantastic definitely give her 5* customer service and will go above and beyond to help. Breakfast was average not much choice. Kayleigh the breakfast waitress was extremely rude. My wife has a guide dog and she doesn't seem to understand anything about the disability act and both the breakfast staff didn't have much customer service manners and they were extremely slow at helping us even though there was just us and one other table in the restaurant at the time. I asked for some sauce for my wife's breakfast and we had nearly finished by the time she gave it to us. We also asked for a glass for some apple juice and she said ill go and get my colleague to get you one. 20mins later a glass was put on the table.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank PFC31
Hotel Manager , General Manager at Macdonald Drumossie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2023

We can only apologies that you felt this way and will make it a matter of priority to have some training take place, negative feedback on our staff is not something that happens often. It is very good to know that Ines looked after you both so well on arrival.

Reviewed 15 October 2023

We have stayed here many times. This stay was disappointing. The menu was limited and no added touches like hot bread rolls at the table. There was a bus party which meant everyone was very busy. We actually got the bus party menu for breakfast on our first morning, which was very sparce and no one realised until we got the correct menu the following morning. At £200 a night B&B, we will not go back.

Date of stay: October 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Kenny McMillan, General Manager at Macdonald Drumossie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2023

Thank you Jayne for taking the time to provide us with feedback, we are sorry to read that you would not return to Drumossie. We do have bus tours throughout the season however they do not eat breakfast in the restaurant nor are they provided with a different standard of breakfast.
Every night in our Grill room restaurant there is chefs homemade bread served to each table.
We can only apologies that you feel your stay was not what was expected.

Reviewed 21 September 2023 via mobile

Stayed at Macdonald Drumossie Hotel in Inverness for one night. The hotel is old but nice and clean.

Check in was very smooth and Maria was very polite and professional. Rooms are clean, got a nice character and spacious. I stayed in room 104 and it was lovely. The bathroom was old and had both a shower and bath. Only hair and body wash was provided and even that didn’t work! No conditioner, hand or body lotion. Shower wasn’t that nice and pressure wasn’t great. No sockets next to either side of the bed so can’t charge phone on your side table. Only one bottle of sparkling water provided. No still water.

Had dinner at the hotel. Food was very average and I thought £40 for a 3 course meal was very expensive.

Breakfast was a bit of a disappointment also. No butter croissants and when I asked them for some they said they had ran out and that was only 8am!

The wifi in the room was terrible! It kept disconnecting and other colleagues had the same problem even in the lobby.

Plenty of parking available. Didn’t go into city centre so don’t know how far it is from the hotel but nonetheless a decent option if you are staying in Inverness.

Date of stay: September 2023
Trip type: Travelled on business
Kenny McMillan, General Manager at Macdonald Drumossie Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2023

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at Drumossie Hotel. We appreciate all comments made which will be used not only in future training but for the team to learn from.
I want to assure you also that each room is being refurbished in order to keep up to date and USB plugs are part of this.