“Sunday Buffet”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
“Sunday Buffet”
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Good value for money at £10.99. Kids half price.

Large selection of main starters, mains, and sweet courses.

Gorged ourselves. Food good but not outstanding.

• Visited April 2014

“Best Indian Restaurant in Inverness”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Great choice of food on the menu, atmosphere just right, Staff friendly, helpful without being intrusive. Quality of the food was superb. I had lamb jalfrezi which can be a gamble as its not always the best of lamb used. This was not the case at Cinnamon the lamb was lovely. I see some people have complained about the buffet. I can't comment about the buffet all I will say when you pay a little amount for all you can eat you have to lower your expectationsm you get what you pay for. We had a lovely meal from the menu, it wasn't expensive, the quality was great as was the service. Superb!!

• Visited April 2014
Fife, United Kingdom
“Great food great price”
Reviewed 2 April 2014 via mobile

My partner and myself recently visited for the lunch menu, we were greet with a warm welcome. We both choose the kebab and onion bhaji option as our starter , it had two pieces of lamb kebab and two of chicken, an onion bhaji and a small side salad. The starter was perfect. For main we both had chicken tikka masala , one with rice and one with nan bread so we could half each. This to was very tasty my partner is hard to please and Indian being his favourite food he was delighted. We each had 1 large soft drink with our meal and the bill came to around £21.95. Very reasonable for great food and great service. Just perfect servings size for lunch time. If I am ever in the area again I would definitely return.

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Fabulous buffet”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We were there earlier today. We both enjoyed it and were delighted with the variety of starters and main courses on offer. Everything we tried was delicous, in paticular the Chicken Dansack and Jalfrezi. The resteraunt is nicey decorated and the staff are friendly, helpfull but non intrusive. We had some child free time but wouldn't hesitate to take the kids next time as there is plenty on offer for them too. Great place. Good value.

• Visited March 2014
Forres, United Kingdom
“Watery tasteless food - worst buffet ever !”
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Received an e-mail from Mi Inverness telling me about an offer they had on of a Sunday indian buffet for £8.99 before 4.30pm, which rose to £10.99 for the remainder of the day. Seemed a good offer, though there are plenty of places in Shneckie to eat at a similar price.

Not many people in, but not a bad turn out for a Sunday afternoon. We decided to go after walking up at Dores, where we almost had lunch (bad decision !).

This is on a par with one of the worst meals I have ever had. I only eat free range chicken, so never eat it when out, unless I can be sure it is free range. This is certainly never, ever a problem when having a curry, as the buffets provide a wide range of meat. About 6 of the curries were veggie, all the rest were chicken, & only one was beef. Very disappointed at the lack of choice. Had a little bit of some of the veggie ones, but not normally something I'd choose. Had a bit of the beef, some rice & a couple a bits of nan. Am not quite sure what spring rolls were doing there, but they weren't cooked anyway, & were really doughy.

It was all pretty tasteless, had no spice and was like coloured water. The dahl was just soup, with bits of lentil in it - there is just no other description for it. I'd be mortally embarrassed had I cooked this myself, & would never have served it. We had a Cobra beer each (330ml), & were charged almost £8 for the two.

Don't waste your hard earned cash - you'll be so disappointed, it'll ruin the rest of your day !

• Visited March 2014