“My favourite for a night out or even a light lunch”

La Tortilla Asesina
Ranked #35 of 251 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Inverness, United Kingdom
“My favourite for a night out or even a light lunch”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I like the atmosphere of the restaurant and enjoy an evening meal out with friends in this "little Spain". The west coast shell fish and prawns fried in batter were very tasty and my favourite is the various choices of typically Spanish paellas. The selection of wines excellent and probably the best tasting coffee in Inverness! When in town or meeting business friends I find the discounted lunch menu very good value.

• Visited August 2014

Inverness
“Poor - very very, poor”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Went here for a wee celebration with my daughter. I'm sorry but there was nothing good about the place at all. Made us move seats as there was a problem with the seating, the food was awful. Those that are writing how wonderfully Spanish the tapas are have obviously never tasted proper Spanish tapas in Spain. The food is not freshly prepared its all out of a freezer. It's bland uninteresting mass produced and vastly overpriced. Patatas bravas live you've never tasted disgusting fried bits of potatoes with the most awful Marie rose type sauce. Bland paella tasteless. Another obscure bland chicken dish which my daughter though tasted off the list is endless.
As a local I am saddened to have to write such an awful review but its honest. Oh and avoid puddings. Churros the size of your little finger with a shot of sauce a fiver....... Mega rip off......... Sums up the whole evening really
I won't be returning here nor would I recommend to my friends which is a real pity.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank KettlesInverness
United Kingdom
“Tasty dishes and friendly service”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Food was tasty and arrived quickly, with friendly waiting staff. My only grumble was that it was pot luck regarding the portion sizes, some dishes were tiny, others quite generous, luckily we had a mixture of the two or could have left being still hungry. I suppose this may be typical of tapas though.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank fooooody
Inverness
“great value”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

just visited for lunch with 7 of my collegues. the food was really good, beautifully presented and with quick service, and really good value for money.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank cloads
Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
“Thank you for your hospitality!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

One of the best dining experiences we have had. Such nice staff all very charming and efficient. Food was delicious and presented beautifully. The fun part was trying to guess what each dish was! We also enjoyed the sangria and the music. We felt like we were on holiday for the short time we were there. The menu was very reasonable priced too...thank you for your hospitality La Tortilla!

• Visited July 2014