“Top of the World”

Fraser House
Fraser House
Ranked #82 of 232 Inverness B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Liz was a wonderful hostess. Location was great, along the river with a room at the top of the house, third floor overlooking river, close to city center. Breakfast was great. Parking is limited and Liz had suggestions to assist us. We had difficulty finding place at first until a local resident pointed us in the right direction. Loved eating one night at the Waterfront just down the street.

Room Tip: Room on third floor has twin beds which suited us fine.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jackie O

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Fraser House's location on the bank of the River Ness is just perfect. We had no problem finding the B&B and Sandra provided us with a street parking permit. She also gave us shopping and restaurant recommendations. The rooms were clean and comfy and the breakfasts quite yummy. The B&B is central to most everything. Our stay was short but sweet.

Room Tip: A word of warning...I had requested the twin/double and it was on the very top floor - great views...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely small hotel/guest house on the banks of the River Ness in central Inverness. very handy for shops, Inverness castle, River Ness as well as bus and train stations.
Nice clean rooms, enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2013

This is a perfect B&B to stay in Inverness; situated next to the river, with a breathtaking view and a stone throw from the city centre.
Liz, the manager was very helpful and professional. She gave us a great breakfast specifically tailored to our requirements.
The rooms are also very tidy and clean; loved it; would love to stay again whenever we plan a trip again to Inverness and definitely recommend to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

My Mom and I found a welcome respite in this lovely, quite, warm and friendly B and B on the river in Inverness. The recommended restaurant that we ate at was also excellent, and the view beautiful. When we checked in we were welcomed by the host, the breakfast was fresh, huge and very tasty, and the check in and out was very easy. The duvets on the beds were very clean and snug and warm, and the bathroom was new and functioned very well. We also enjoyed the complimentary coffee and tea and hot chocolate.

Room Tip: we stayed on the top floor, so very quiet and river view was lovely
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed at Fraser House for four nights in October 2012. As a solo female traveller I was seeking not just a standard of service, but safety and security as well. I could not complain about anything.
I booked Fraser House directly with the owner and it was easy and hassle free. Fantastic to arrive and have everything in order.

Jenny met me in arrival and showed me to the single room overlooking the River Ness, with a small ensuite. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean. There was plenty of tea and coffee, replenished each day, as was the hot chocolate and Horlivka, which I really appreciated after getting back from cold days traipsing the Highlands. The shower was a bit temperamental, but there was plenty if hot water and I was very comfortable.

Breakfast was plentiful, varied and the pot of tea was very welcome and I enjoyed Jenny's relaxed style, I am Australian after all!

Being so close to the town centre meant that I could walk around with ease. There were several good takeaways just around the corner, and I availed my self of the early bird dinner settings at the pub down the road.

I was able to negotiate a parking pass with Jenny with no trouble. Parking was also easy to find .
I would stay here again with pleasure and would recommend with no qualms.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 November 2012

This is the second time I have stayed at the Fraser House.The location is spot on, being an easy walk from either the bus or train stations, even with luggage.
The owners are very friendly and I was grateful for their being so accommodating regarding breakfast, when I had to leave early one morning on a day trip.
The breakfasts are good and filling, and the room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo