“Night at Inverness”
Review of Heather Isle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Heather Isle
Ranked #42 of 231 Inverness B&B and Inns
Athens, Greece
“Night at Inverness”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Sweet and clean room. The B&B was at a good location, 5 minutes walk to the centre. The breakfast was delicious, a traditional Scottish breakfast. The owner was very kind and helpfull. We would definetely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jason P

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Heather Isle run by Krisma was a pleasant surprise during my tour of Scotland. Accommodation was arranged by Rabbies Tour's and they couldn't have provided a better place. Rooms were spacious with most of facilities provided. Very good Breakfast. Vegetarian option as well. Best bit was the warm and welcoming nature of Krisma, which only added to a memorable Scotland Trip. Thanks Krisma.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I would say this was the best place during my trip to Scotland... It is situated in a serene place which is 2 minuted walk from the City Center. The couple who runs the B&B make you feel homely. A special mention about the breakfast... Awesome Scottish Breakfast!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stayed here with my Mom for one night when she came to Scotland. We were on a tour at the time and didn't know where we would be staying, but luckily we got dropped off at Heather Isle. The owner is really welcoming, friendly, and a great cook! We were the only people staying in the B&B that night and were given a nice big room with comfy beds directly across from the shared bathroom. The house is spotless and perfectly set up. It is just 3-4 minute walk into the city centre but on a nice quiet street. Breakfast was amazing and just what we needed before a long day on the tour. Fantastic place at a great value!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

This little guest house is a wee gem in the heights of Inverness, welcome in the hillside comes to mind. Owners are cheerful, helpful and meals are plentiful. David & Betty are going back later this year.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank David Dade & Betty Scott-Dade
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We had a wonderful experience at Heather Isle. Owner is a lovely person and a GREAT cook. Breakfast was yummy and the setting adorable. We also had a fabulous night of sleep in the comfortable large bed.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DMLevin
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 November 2012

I recently stayed here for one night. Rabbie's Tour booked a single room with a shared bathroom at Heather Isle for me. The B&B has three different rooms, and two shared bathrooms. Since only two of us were staying there, we were each able to have our own bathroom, which was convenient.

The bed and breakfast is very clean and very comfortable, and I was quite pleased with the accommodations. The room I stayed in (the one at the top of the stairs), was spacious with a queen size double bed and the mattress was firm. There was plenty of counter space between the night stands, desk and dresser. There was also a sink in the room. There was plenty of lighting in the room, which was nice since this is not always the case. There were more than enough plugs for all of my electronics. Although I didn't use the TV much, there seemed to be plenty of channels, and the free wifi worked well. Overall, I was quite happy with the room, as well as the bathroom which was large, tidy and well kept.

Heather and her husband, were great hosts. Her husband greeted us when we arrived at around 7pm, showed us our rooms, the bathrooms and provided us with a map of the town. The B&B is extremely well located, and only a five minute walk from the town center. The next morning, Heather greeted us with a full Scottish breakfast, and everything was very good. She was also very friendly, and chatted with us while we were having breakfast.

The only complaint I have about my experience at Heather Isle is that the room I stayed in felt quite cold, but to be fair, I tend to get cold easily. I turned up the heat, but my hands always seemed cold. However, there were plenty of extra blankets, and I was perfectly warm when I was sleeping. This is the only reason I am giving Heather Isle a four star.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo