“If I could give it no stars I would”

Hootananny Inverness
Ranked #17 of 262 Restaurants in Inverness
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Groups, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

This place is disgusting!! Wouldn't wish this place on my worst enemy.

It's dirty, smelly and generally horrible! I went to the toilet to find holes in the walls and no soap!! Hate to think that the person pouring the one drink I could suffer in here had wee on his hands!

The chill out room looks like something from a horror film and I was scared to sit down incase I got stuck to the seat!!

If you like dirty, dingy, sticky, dark places then this is for you! YUCK!

5  Thank Kelly M

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Came here to hear our favorite rocking Scots band from America, Highland Reign. The beers were great, the music was captivating and watching everyone dance was a blast. Cannot wait to go back. The only negative, the bathroom experience. Going up the back stairway was a little creepy with so many many guys along the way. For a female alone, take a friend with you when you go to the "loo".

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We had gone to this place because there was music on and had read about it.. The waiter who served us was very nice. Everyone of my party enjoyed the food, there were four of us. The ambiance of the place left something to be desired, the hike up to the toilets is scruffy. The whole place could do with a makover. Not bothered about going again.

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The food here is nice, but don't go if you are really hungry, it's more of a late lunch, early dinner type situation. I had pork 4/10, my friend had veggie haggis 10/10 I would ensure I ate this next time.

P.S Hoots gets lively later on so do not leave it too late to eat as it becomes more of a noisy pub then a relaxed restaurant.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

We ate here on the recommendation of our Scottish tour guide after settling in to our hotel down the street. The waiter was very friendly and even answered my questions about traditional food in the country. The food was filling (I had the lamb stovie, while my husband had the haggis) and the honey beer was a perfect accompaniment. We were not too thrilled with the dessert, but as an American I'm pretty picky about carrot cake. Live music upstairs at 9:30pm on Saturday nights!