“Good lunch - plenty of atmosphere and local ales”
Review of Clachnaharry Inn

Clachnaharry Inn
Ranked #68 of 258 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Description: THE CLACHNAHARRY INN is a great 'craic' pub with emphasis on being friendly. There is always something going on. The 'Clach' is an institution within the local area and serves 4 ales and 1 cider alongside other draught beers, lagers and ciders. We are an informal pub that delivers highland hospitality and great food, and what's better is that we love what we do! We are also a dog friendly pub! Pooches are welcome in our bar and beer garden while our restaurant and lounge bar are dog free - they even have their own biscuit barrel and water bowls! We also have a Take-Away Menu available 7 days a week. Simply pop in and have a drink while you wait for your freshly cooked meal, or phone us in advance and pick it up on your way past!
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Good lunch - plenty of atmosphere and local ales”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Nothing outstanding about the food, we had cullen skink and a sandwich each and it was perfectly acceptable and reasonably priced.
The views are superb and the atmosphere certainly genuine - not a "plastic pub". A surprising quantity and range of local beers including a Scottish cider.
Worth a lunch visit or an evening beer but probably not a formal sit down or special occasion diner.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank michael186311

Inverness, United Kingdom
“Beautiful view of the firth”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This is a gem. No shortage of atmosphere here at the bar or in the lovely dining room overlooking the sea. The staff was very friendly and the food divine. I recommend it highly for a meal or a cool brew in the afternoon!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Brenda B
Evanton, United Kingdom
“Pay attention to the reviews!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Read the reviews on here but decided to try it anyway. I should have believed the reviews. Stains on the wall, dirty carpets, Unisex toilet (I walked in on a very embarassed lady) with a dodgy lock. Staff are friendly and the place seems busy but why I don`t know. Menu is very ordinary with the usual pub grub staples. I had the steak and my wife had the Macaroni. The steak was tasteless and tough and came with frozen chips that were still hard. My wifes Macaroni cheese sauce was pretty bland and thin. Lady on the next table was complaining about a fly being in her Macaroni. All served on canteen style plates.
Totally scunnered with this sort of treatment in this day and age. Won`t be back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Neil D
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Food is terrible do not visit”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We visited lunchtime on the 26th July. After ordering drinks we decided to order food. Big mistake. My haddock was overcooked and the chips hard -not what you expect for £9.95 ! My friend found a hair in her tuna sandwich. She complained and another was provided. Only trouble it had litterally been thrown on the plate - the "chef" obviously had taken the hump. Needless to say we refused to pay for the "sandwiches". If you are visiting Inverness do not make the effort to travel here - you are wasting your time. If you are a CAMRA member seeking out real ale visit one of the excellent establishments in the city centre such as the Castle Tavern. You have been warned.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank BigBear969
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Good Food Homely Atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My better half and I stopped in by the inn about lunch time for a pint or two but ended up having lunch as well. On arrival we were greeted warmly by staff and regulars alike which immediately put us at ease. The menu choices were varied and all palates should be catered for. My wife opted for the fresh sea bass with new potatoes and fresh vegetables whilst I had homemade beef and mushroom pie, chips and fresh vegetables. Both dishes were fulfilling and washed down with a pint of real ale of which there are several to choose from. I can recommend anyone dropping in to the inn will receive a hearty welcome and the option to partake in good food or lite bites from the menu. So what are you waiting for?

• Visited June 2014