One of my key criteria in choosing B&Bs for our summer trip to Scotland was that there be restaurants in walking distance so that we could manage dinner without having to drive the rental car again once we got there. The location of the Armadale is superb! A short walk down the block and around the corner, and you're at the River Ness, with its great walking bridge, and lots of restaurants and shops right on the other side. We had a great time unwinding and wandering the area after dinner. The B&B was great too, of course--clean and tidy, and our host was very accommodating and helpful. We were in the little twin room upstairs--I would have called it the "third floor" but I now understand that this level is called the "second floor" in Scotland. In any event, we were two floors up from the main floor, and our only problem was that the sloping roof up there made it a little tough for my six-foot husband to make the last steps up the stairs, what with the stairs curving in a spiral and the roof angled down fairly low over the stairs, limiting the headroom, and he had a large suitcase in tow! A little tricky, but understandable since this room was carved out of attic space. Once there, it was fine. Clean, convenient, and a good value. And we enjoyed the dormer window!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Armadale Guest house was build in 1860. It is a family run business. We aim to provide a comfortable stay with friendly service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Armadale Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Armadale Guest House Hotel Inverness
- Armadale Guest House Inverness, Scotland