“Nice B&B, great location”

Armadale Guest House
Ranked #100 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
Virginia, USA
“Nice B&B, great location”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

One of my key criteria in choosing B&Bs for our summer trip to Scotland was that there be restaurants in walking distance so that we could manage dinner without having to drive the rental car again once we got there. The location of the Armadale is superb! A short walk down the block and around the corner, and you're at the River Ness, with its great walking bridge, and lots of restaurants and shops right on the other side. We had a great time unwinding and wandering the area after dinner. The B&B was great too, of course--clean and tidy, and our host was very accommodating and helpful. We were in the little twin room upstairs--I would have called it the "third floor" but I now understand that this level is called the "second floor" in Scotland. In any event, we were two floors up from the main floor, and our only problem was that the sloping roof up there made it a little tough for my six-foot husband to make the last steps up the stairs, what with the stairs curving in a spiral and the roof angled down fairly low over the stairs, limiting the headroom, and he had a large suitcase in tow! A little tricky, but understandable since this room was carved out of attic space. Once there, it was fine. Clean, convenient, and a good value. And we enjoyed the dormer window!

Room Tip: Access to the twin room on the "second" floor is tough for tall folks due to the slope of...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We stayed here for one night on a brief visit to Inverness. The accommodation is excellent, warm and comfortable. It is extremely well-appointed, with good quality fixtures and fittings, and was very clean and welcoming. The hosts are friendly and helpful, and breakfast everything anyone could want. Location-wise, you couldn't ask for more as the property is a 5 - 10 minute stroll from the town centre, including the train station and bus station. There also appeared to be on-street parking for guests who arrive by car. All in all, I doubt you could better this experience at the price.

Room Tip: We had a room on the first floor at the back, which was very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last night on business, I have stayed in Inverness before in B&Bs and had a bad experience elsewhere so was dubious upon arrival. However, instantly my mind was put ease. I requested that I could be moved to a double room with ensuite (the single room was booked by my company for me) & the owner couldn't have been more obliging, offering the king size bedroom with ensuite at an extra charge of £3! Incredible service.

He also advised that breakfast was from 8-9. I however needed to leave prior to this so assumed I would miss it, again not a problem breakfast could be served from 7.30am.

The owner took my bag upstairs for me, and showed me my room. The room itself was decorated in a modern way with everything you would need, with plasma tv and wifi. The bed was super comfy so much so I struggled to make it down for the half 7 breakfast! Breakfast is a continental buffet with offering of full Scottish breakfast. Delicious.

I would not hesitate in staying here again on business or pleasure - a 5 minute walk from the centre with friendly owners and super comfy beds.

Many thanks

Jen wilson

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2013

We took the advice of Tripadvisor customers when we booked the Armadale Guest House online and we had no reason to disagree with those who say this neat, clean and tidy guest house is very good value. To begin with, the location is very easy to find when driving, and very close to the city centre when walking. The hosts were friendly, helpful, and very happy to accommodate our request for a quiet room and an early breakfast. Our room, by the way, was the cutest attic room with a marvellous view.

Room Tip: If you like a quiet room with a great view and do not mind climbing stairs, ask for the attic room...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judi_R1925
McDonough, Georgia
Reviewed 24 July 2013

My mom and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Armadale Guest House. It was perfectly located for exploring Inverness on foot, and we had no problem finding parking close to it after visiting some of the surrounding area by car. Naim was the most helpful host out of six B&Bs we stayed in during our three week visit to Scotland, providing perfect directions and suggestions for each day of our visit. The breakfasts were delicious and the portions were large. The twin room on the top floor has a view of Inverness Castle.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the climb, I suggest choosing the top floor twin for the view of Inverness Cas...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Stornoway
Reviewed 14 July 2013

My daughter, 10-year-old grandson and myself stayed at the Armadale in July for one night en-route home to the Isle of Lewis. We were greeted by the owner on our arrival and shown to our room for the night which was very clean and comfortable. Lovely little touches in the bathroom such as shower gel, shampoo, body lotion etc made the stay just that little bit extra-special. Breakfast was good, food was well cooked and nicely presented. We found the owner extremely friendly and very helpful and would definitely recommend the Armadale to anyone travelling to Inverness. It is in an ideal location for walking into the city centre, the river, rail and bus stations. The only down-side was the bar on the other side of the road, when chucking out time arrived (about 4am!!) the street was very noisy and if you are a light sleeper, it can be very disturbing, but none of that is the fault of the owner of this establishment.

Room Tip: Ideal for shopping
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 26 June 2013

1) I reserved and paid a room with private toliet and we were placed in a room without toilet
2) The closet of the room dissapeared!!! they entered in the room without any notification/authorization and took the closet away. Then when we arrived to the room we noticed that the closet was not there!!!
3) the room is about 4 sq meters, claustrofobic

Please avoid this place, there a lots of guesthouses in the same road which for sure will give a better service

Room Tip: avoid this place
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple