“Health issue”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 5 April 2013

Usually, I'm very sceptical about having Chinese food in Britain. Because most places cater to the tastes of drunken pub goers, the quality bar tends to be rather low. My Dad was visiting from the States and dying for Chinese food, so we went in -- somewhat enticed by the "Malaysian" tag for this restaurant. My Dad, who grew up in KL, didn't recognise any Malaysian dishes. Perhaps the worse part of the experience -- the waitress had a persistent, deep, wet, hacking cough. She severed water and prawn crisps after coughing into her hands. We left shortly after. We didn't order any food, but nothing on the menu seemed to say anything more than the typical greasy fare.

2  Thank Ponsomp
gathering_boss, Manager at Gathering Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2013

I am sorry to hear you was not happy with your visit but I can assure you and all our customers that our food is certainly not "greasy fair" we only use the finest ingredients and best grades of meat as you will see from all the other reviews 99% of our customers are happy and do return.
I can only appolgise for the member of staff in question she had only just turned up for her shift and was promptly sent home after 20 minutes as soon as I realised she was not well

Reviewed 26 February 2013

Great restaurant serving a vast range of Chinese and Oriental cuisine.Well priced quality house wine.Friendly fast service.Best chinese food in inverness.Pay a visit here and you will not be dissapointed!!

2  Thank WMorrison
Reviewed 1 January 2013

After a few ales round town on New Years eve we got hungry so decided to stop in here for something to eat. The restaurant was nice and busy with a good atmosphere. Its smaller than i thought it was going to be but its nice and light not dark n dingy.

The orders for drinks and food were taken swiftly in a friendly manner. The courses arrived in good time, fresh and hot. I had Peking ribs followed by Singapore Fried rice which was yummy and a large portion too. The ribs were lovely and tender with the sauce not too sickly just right.

My girlfriend had the curry wontons and then the hong kong style chicken with crispy noodles. The waitress did ask if she like sweet things because it was extremely sweet dish and in the end she could only have about 2/3 of the dish because of this and also the size of the portion again.

Im very glad that the Gathering Place is a good place to eat because Inverness has been lacking a decent sit in Chinese restaurant since Dickens shut down. I would be happy to return here again with no question. The prices are also very reasonable too which is another reason to give it a try.

1  Thank BJWhyte
Reviewed 11 November 2012

This place is always so quiet don't know why though! Not long to wait for food, no parking outside but there is about 600 yards away.

2  Thank sarahm767
Reviewed 9 October 2012

We are regular customers to the Gatheing Place. Food is always fresh and delicious and the staff could not be more helpful and friendly!! Would definately recommend! :)