“Fantastic”
Review of Aspendos

Aspendos
Ranked #24 of 260 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

My son and I went in for a meal at lunchtime and what a warm welcome, very good food wine served at right temperature a wonderful meal first class and service first class will definitely be going back again.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Katy R

• Turkish first
Carlisle, United Kingdom
“Excellent, as ever”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We call in Aspendos every time we're in Inverness and it remains consistently excellent. This time we had the £15.95 early evening menu, like a sort of super mezze with hot food as well, and the courses just kept coming! A fantastic variety of Turkish specialities. Never tried Turkish food? You don't know what you're missing!

1 Thank Richard M
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, friendly service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Our favourite place to eat in Inverness - as a couple, a family, on a works night out or for entertaining colleagues. The menu is varied and there is something to suit every taste as Aspendos caters well for vegetarians, carnivores, the adventurous and those who are more cautious. Starters are tasty - the meze alone is worth a visit as it provides so many different flavours. The main courses are generally huge and you will leave full. All the people we have dined with have been full of praise for the quality of the food. The atmosphere is friendly, welcoming and relaxed. No one ever rushes you - although if you are in a hurry just say so and service will be quicker.

1 Thank GoodFoodFan2014
Rogart, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and service.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

During a visit to Inverness yesterday we decided to try Aspendos for lunch and we were not dissapointed. We had the Mezze for two people and a couple of items I wouldn't have ordered from the menu, but when I tried them they were really tasty and this was a great way of finding dishes you enjoy. All the dishes were explained to us which was great so we knew what we were eating.
Enjoyed a very relaxed lunch with excellent food and service, will definately visit again with friends next time.

1 Thank Debbie H
Corvallis, Oregon
“Very good food in a challenging environment”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I'll comment on the ambiance, as other reviewers have described the food as I would. The place was full when we arrived but we were told it would be only a few minutes. More like 15. It was noisy and crowded, but a happy atmosphere. I was distracted by the owner trying to explain to the couple at the table next to ours that they couldn't order just one plate of food and share because it everyone did that he'd not make enough money to live the way he wanted. They had to order full meals or nothing. I was ready to leave but my wife and friends convinced me to stay. The service was slowish but that was expected. The food was excellent. Half way through the meal the owner put on a pink cowboy hat, made a bad joke about not being "one of those type of men" and insisted in a very loud voice that all the patrons sing Happy Birthday to another diner. I thought he was "tiring" in his insistence, which took away from the conversation we were having. So, if you have challenges with things like that... If you're more accomodating like my wife, I would highly recommend this place.