“Homesickness cure for an Arab-American”
Review of Aspendos

Aspendos
Ranked #19 of 268 Restaurants in Inverness
Cuisines: Turkish
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I miss my kitchen, where I cook Lebanese food from my grandmother's recipes. On a long holiday here, I end up getting tired of even the best UK choices, but one whiff of Aspendos and I was smiling. Turkish and Lebanese foods employ a common palate of spices, so I ordered a few favorites: Adana kofte, choban salata, tarama salata. Perfect. You won't go hungry here; portions are generous, service good, and selection first-rate. Get a Turkish coffee to finish your meal..done just right.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Came across this place when looking for somewhere that served food after 9pm (jet lagged and fell asleep). What a delight. Food was great, large servings, good value , friendly and helpful staff.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had just driven into the city and parked and were wandering around trying to get our bearings. It was wet and miserable and we were hungry and couldn't be bothered to search any further. The Trip Advisor sticker on the door was pretty reassuring.
The food was fabulous! My teenaged son rather melodramatically told the owner(?)/waiter that the chicken had changed his life!
There were a variety of dining options - a la carte, meze, set menu - described as lighter bites which could also be ordered individually. We all ordered from the 2 course set menu (£8.95) and had different dishes, all of which we enjoyed. Furthermore, although described as light bites, the portions were "normal" sized.
The service was prompt and friendly.
The atmosphere was casual, relaxed and functional, but large pictures on the walls of sites in Turkey created a surprisingly stylish feel.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Been to Aspendos on many occasions, always welcoming, excellent service, great relaxed ambience and the food is out of this world, simple authentic Turkish fare, also very reasonably priced.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Right in the city centre, very convenient if you out shopping. I went for lunch with my wife and was presently surprised by the warmth of the welcome, and the authentic decor. This is the first time I have been to a Turkish restaurant outside of Turkey. There were plenty menus available, a lunchtime mezzi an evening mezzi and a full a la carte. Meals were reasonably well priced, considering the fresh ingredients, plenty of choice for vegetarians and those who enjoy fish, chicken or meat. Full bottles of wine were on the expensive side, but there was a good choice. The service was excellent and after taking our orders we were served complimentary heated Turkish bread with two dips. The starters and main meals were very very nice, full of flavour and tasted very authentic. I will definitely return next time I am in inverness, very highly recommended.