“Made my holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 246 Inverness B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Made my holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

When we arrived at Ardmeanach on the first day of our holiday, it looked charming and traditional, only a ten minute walk from the river and ideal for holidaying without a car. The host was extremely friendly and welcoming and the interior looked amazing. We had the twin room which had a good sized ensuite, nice room with all the amenities you ccould need. A sightseeing pack came with the room which was a very nice touch. Throughout our stay, we continued to be impressed by our accomodation, Andrea was incredibly knowledgable and helpful - expressing a real interest in our visit and the cooking was amazing, breakfast facilities were top class. I happily state that I would always come back to Ardmeanach if was in the area again and will ensure I tell as many people as I can about this fantastic accomodation.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Peterborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed here as an overnight stop on my way to John O'Groats. Great B&B, with an very warm welcome. Staying alone I was given a very nice, smallish single room, but it lacked nothing. En-suite (tiny but did the job), free Wi-Fi, TV, tea/coffee. Great little touch was the chocolate on the pillow!!! Breakfast was great, a wonderful start to the day and Andrea (the landlady) was a great host. Will be my first choice next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

A warm welcome awaited us at Ardmeanach house it is a charming B&B and our room was very clean, comfortable and nicely decorated.
Ensuite compact but nicely done out. Liquid soap hand/body lotion and tissues a lovely touch.
Breakfast was amazing with a good choice on the menu and plenty of toast ,tea or coffee.
Parking at rear of house so no worries as to where to leave the car.
An easy 10min walk into town Ardmeanach is a perfect base for visiting Inverness.
I would recommend it to everybody visiting Inverness.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2012

What an absolute find this was! A very warm welcome, although I was a bit late checking in and was shown my room, was given all the necessary information and was left to settle in. Andrea (the landlady) has a knack for knowing when you need her but not crowding you. Very proffesional, efficient and friendly, a skill not many B&B owners master. Breafast was fantastic (a good variety of cooked breakfast, cereals, porridge and fruit juices) and the room was absolutley spotless. Bed was very comfortable (I was in a single room with en-suite) with plenty of towels and tea and coffee making facilities. Near to town (10 minute-ish walk), and the airport (about a 20 minute drive). I cannot recommend this B&B highly enough.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2012

The positives of this charming place starts with the charming hostess Andrea. She was there to welcome me when I arrived late Monday night. She helped arrange a taxi for a spur ot the moment decision to go to Culloden battlefield and Cawdor Castle on my last day. She was kind enought to store my luggage.

Breakfast was a treat. You may choose from a menu. I loved the porridge Andrea served in a chaming dining room.

But the most important part is the bed was comfortable and there was no noise to keep me awake.

The bathroom was adequate and should be what you would expect.

This Bed and Breakfast is in a charming neighborhood that looks 19th Century. So it is stepping back in time with all the comforts. This house is from the 1800's.

There was only one negative for me. I am 54 and it would take me 20 minuites to walk to town center. A younger person it would be half the time. But it meant that I had to go ahead and eat in town when my tours were over. There was no way after a 8 hour tour I could walk 40 minuites round trip. But I am old and out of shape so it is probably a problem only for those that are out of shape.

Room Tip: The switch to turn your shower own is in your bedroom next to the bathroom door. I did not know bei...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Earth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

I stayed in this BnB for 2 nights, during a backpacking tour of Scotland (alone).
Everything was very good: the room, the breakfast, the host, the location, the price.
I would recommend it to everybody visiting Inverness.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

I stayed here for one night on a business trip, and was really impressed. The room was clean and comfortable (and beautifully decorated!), with everything I needed. There was a small sofa in the room too which was really useful and a good addition. There were plenty of towels in the bathroom, which was also tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was lovely as well. I would not hesitate to stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business