“Highly recommended B&B”

Eskdale Guest House
Ranked #51 of 229 Inverness B&B and Inns
“Highly recommended B&B”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We only stayed one night but wish we could have stayed longer. The room was a bit small but cosy and spotlessly clean. The beds were so comfortable - the best night's sleep I had on my trip! Our host was so gracious and kind - we were there on a weekend and breakfast usually starts at 8:30 but she offered to cook us a hot breakfast early since we had to get going by 8 am. I would definite stay there again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Guisborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Central location, great for restaurants and bars. Lovely owners and superb food. Room 4 suffered greatly from noise in room 5 during our stay (bedroom door opening and closing many times throughout the night). Pedestrian crossing outside room 4's window also adds noise from early on a morning. I would happily stay here again in a different room.

Stayed August 2014
East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night in rather small but comfortable single room. All facilities provided, including wifi. Very Good breakfast cooked early especially for me. friendly and helpful owner. Great location, just over the bridge from the city centre

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Aberdeen
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Eskdale B & B was a beautiful wee B & B, so clean and tidy and the service was excellent. My double room was spotless and had all the facilities I would expect. Breakfast was out of the world to!! Location is great too, very close to town centre. Huge thank you to Kathy and John for making me and my family feel so welcome. I will definitely return to this B & B when I return to Inverness.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a very nice stay at the Eskdale Guest House. Very warm welcome, excellent breakfast, clean and comfortable. It is located very near the city center and next to the river. Walking distance for all major attractions. All and all highly recommendable!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here just for one night whilst in Inverness and were happy.

We received a warm welcome, and the guest house was very clean and comfortable.
I think most rooms have en suite facilities, but the bathroom for the room we stayed in (room 5) was a short step down the landing. This wasn't a huge problem because the bathroom was exclusively for our use, but personally I would have preferred en suite. We booked through an agent, and were not made aware of this and so I do not believe this was the owners fault. It didn't spoil our stay at all (although if I had been seen in my pyjamas in the night by another guest, I would have felt awkward) I just wish I had been given the option by the agent at the time of booking. I do not raise this as a complaint in any way, merely to make other guests aware.

There was a good choice of breakfasts and the owners were very friendly, accommodating, and interested to chat to us. The guesthouse itself is in a quiet suburb of Inverness, but is very close to the river Ness and only a few minutes walk over the river into the city centre where you will find lots of shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Room 5 does not have en suite facilities
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Barcelona
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We chose Eskdale guesthouse for our 5 day stay un Inverness and it provee To be an excellent choice. Short walking distancie from everywhere un town. De took the family room, latge and clean. Bathroom a bit tiny here but modern, supplied with all the toiletries you may need and a goodworking shower. Breakfast delicious. Free WiFi a plus. Kathy is so nice and helpful. We' ve really loved being here

• Stayed July 2014