Stayed for one night in September when attending an away game football match with my husband. Reception staff were polite and helpful, as were the other members of staff that we encountered around the hotel.
The room was immaculate as was the bathroom, it comprised of a double bed with a single sofabed, with additional bedding and packs of pillows should we require to change them to a softer or firmer variety. We stayed in room 115, which has no bath, just a walk in shower (which I much prefer) so was quite compact and a view in the direction of the west of the city. The view is not up to much from this particular room, just the side of the car park, considering this hotel is situated just off a dual carriageway on the approach to Inverness, I wasn't expecting panoramic views anyway so no disappointment there. I do however wish the windows would open a bit more, although I appreciate that this is a health & safety issue and not related to our particular bedroom.
Breakfast is of above average quality and selection considering it is a self service buffet. There were hot items as well as continental choices and ample seating. There is the option to take a tray back to your room if they have a large party staying, reception will inform you if this is the case. There is a 24hour vending area which has drinks, snacks and ice, which is handy as there are not really any shops nearby should you want anything.
Overall I would definitely stay here again, it is a clean, comfortable hotel that offers exactly what you need for an overnight stay, without being overpriced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy a warm welcome at the comfortable Holiday Inn Express Inverness hotel, 6 miles from Inverness Airport and 1 mile from Inverness city centre. Green surroundings make the modern Holiday Inn Express Inverness a pleasant base for your trip. Relax with homely touches such as free wireless Internet. We're 1 mile from Inverness city centre and close to the A96, with ample complimentary parking. It's a short taxi or bus ride from Inverness Airport to the hotel and you can reach Stirling and Perth via the nearby A9. Invite up to 30 people to seminars in Holiday Inn Express Inverness' meeting room, which overlooks the countryside. Delegates can relax in the breakout space and enjoy a business lunch prepared by our friendly staff. Visit companies in the Inverness Business and Retail Park next door. Enjoy your own snacks in our sociable Great Room and choose from the daily complimentary breakfast buffet which features a continental selection and hot items. Wi-Fi is free for guests who book directly with the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Inverness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Hotel Inverness
- Holiday Inn Inverness
- Holiday Inn Express Inverness Scotland