“Love it” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

It is a budget hotel so do not expect any frills.

It is located little away from the city center, but great location. There is a huge Tesco across the road, so you can go and shop for even night clothes there. There is a very nice, quaint English pub in the hotel compound, which is really impressive.

Loved staying here. would visit again for sure.

Room Tip: not many floors (2 or 3 storied), so try to book the one on highest floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
Delighted you enjoyed your recent stay with us and hope that you will visit again.
We would like to wish you a happy and prosperous 2014
Cathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
Fort William, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay her after driving back from Aberdeen on route to fort William.
Checked
In swiftly, staff was great at the reception and couldn't do enough.
Room was very nice. No complaints.
Great for a night stop, would stay again.
Many thanks.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
So glad you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Kind regards
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

As a platinum member of the priority club I have stayed in many IHG properties and found them to be mainly of an excellent standard.#
I did find the hotel clean and tidy with a good sized room and with the room just finished being renovated it had a good shower above the bath and a new television.
I found the reception staff on check in very helpful but on check out I got the couldn't care less attitude.
Breakfast, although I was late down the selection was limited with no fruit in the bowls the croissants that were in there looked like they had been there all week. So I stuck to toast.
The main thing I was not happy with was firstly I got up early to do some work and the internet that was advertised as available in your room cut off every two minutes and when I was washing and shaving again in the morning the hot water didn't last long before running dry. So I had to wash and shave in cold water.
When I reported it to the reception desk on check out I got a half hearted apology and told why didn't I report it and she would of given me a new room. It was said as though it was my fault. How could I get a new room when the main problem occurred in the morning? The receptionist said the internet did not work because other people in the hotel were on and the system was overloaded - Was this also the case with the hot water?
Would I stay there again, probably not - I found the staff a non caring and did not appear to worry that I will not come back

Room Tip: Ask for one with Internet that works and hot water that runs
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank KenM553
Cathy M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and I am disappointed to hear that some aspects of your stay were not up to standard. Of course it is easier for our team to deal with issues that guests have experienced when they happen rather than afterwards when they are unable to make your experience better. we do understand that it is not always easy for guests to let us know of issues at the time and I would like to assure you that we do care about our guests and would hope that you would consider staying with us again in the future.
Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel on my way home to the Isle of Skye from a long trip down south. Knowing it is close to the main road out of the city to a large retail park, the airport and Elgin/Aberdeen, I put a polite request on my online booking for a quiet room away from traffic noise. That's normally enough at most IHG hotels. Not this one - I was allocated probably the closest room to the road! On asking a rather unhelpful receptionist if I could move, I was told all rooms were allocated but was reluctantly offered a twin room opposite the lift, but as I could tell that this was really too much trouble, I couldn't be bothered.
On leaving in the morning, I was advised that I should have rung on the morning of my arrival to request a quiet room. So what's the point of having a special request box on the booking form?? It's not always convenient to ring up. If other hotels can manage it, why not here?
Apart from that, the room was clean and comfortable with a decent mattress. Just a shame the traffic noise prevented me from making the most of it. No sleep....if this was a Premier Inn I would have got my money back.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the retail park are quieter but you try requesting one!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rupert_allison
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay at our hotel and I am extremely sorry that our staff were unable to allocate you to a different room on the evening of your stay. As our hotel is away from the main A96 we did not realise that this was an issue but we will most certainly keep this in mind when allocating rooms in the future. Thank you again and I hope that you will visit us again
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

Just like other Holiday Inns, this one at Inverness also is a basic, to-the-point accommodation, with all required facilities, and no fancy stuff. We were on a drive holiday through Scotland, and stayed here for a night. Check-in etc was smooth, beds comfortable, room and bathroom neat. The breakfast was typical holiday-inn style -- though I found it cold and crowded. Some items finished mid-way and took a long time to replace. Though the spread was decent, some amount of speed in refilling would have helped the matters. Other than that, hotel offers decent parking (really helpful if you are driving on your own), and is decently located. We had to drive for about 10 minutes to reach to main town area near the river and bars. Would I recommend -- Yes, if you are in Inverness for a short time (1-2 days) and do not plan to spend much time in hotel anyway. No--if your idea of holiday is to enjoy the hotel facilities and surroundings.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank indiavoyager
Doug463, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, 14 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We do advise guests what times are likely to be busiest at breakfast and also open up our meeting room for extra space for breakfast when it is not in use. It is only through feedback such as this that we are able to improve our service. We hope to welcome you to the highlands again.
Glasgow Scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel regularly and it provides adequate accommodation with easy parking and a good location if you have a car.
On this visit however, I notice a few cost-cutting signs that causes me to drop it to 3 stars, and point out a few shortcomings.
Firstly breakfast. A decent free breakfast is one of the features of Holiday Inn Express, but I notice a more restricted choice than my last visit. No more orange segments, restricted everything although I did notice scrambled egg and baked beans. Thanks a lot, can we have more fruit and extras please. Also, they have taken away the trays you use to carry your breakfast to your table. I mean really, how mean can you get? So now you have to trek back and forward with your various cups, glasses and plates. I hope the trays found a good home, probably the nearest bin!
Secondly, the free internet. It's terribly slow, I mean really slow. If you are going to provide free WIFI make is usable please, and do not try to force guests to pay for the faster speeds that are available at a cost.
Small details spoiling a good budget choice in Inverness.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your review. It is only from feedback from our guests that we are able to improve our service. All comments are passed to both the team & senior management. The removal of the trays is something that is currently being trialled across several of our properties. We have found that it does cut down waiting times, however your comments have been noted. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to write the review & we hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Ullapool
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights last weekend for Xmas shopping trip in Inverness. The rooms are spotlessly clean as is the Bathroom which is compact but adequate. Good quality picture on the 32" LG TV. Breakfast was good with a wide choice of cereals, toast and a hot selection of sausages, scrambled eggs and beans.
Walked across to the Snow Goose for an evening meal.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Doug463, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Thank you for taking time to write your review. We're all really pleased you enjoyed your stay & look forward to welcoming you back.