“Back to my roots - I'm Scottish!”

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
“Back to my roots - I'm Scottish!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2010

Went with my mom. Went twice actually. Once in 2003 and again in 2005. LOVED IT! The most beautiful place I've ever been. Clean, peaceful, good people, (food was scarce and terrible....but everything else was AWESOME!) Some of the kindest people and most extraordinary scenery in the world to me.

Stayed October 2007
1 Thank missylue
gminverness, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, 1 March 2010
Thank you for your comments relating to your visit to the hotel and your homeland of Scotland.
It is always a pleasure to read of positive experiences within Scotland and especially the Highlands.
I hope you will return again in the near future.
Kind regards

Ina Davies, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Greek first
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

We chose this hotel based mainly on price, it seemed a good value.

We weren't disappointed, it was a clean, comfortable hotel and a welcome sight after a long day of driving. Check in was easy and service was good. Our room was clean and had all necessary ammenities.

We experienced only minor problems during our stay. First of all, the hotel proved incredibly difficult to find. Of course, this isn't the hotels fault. I highly recommend printing detailed directions to the hotel, or risk spending hours driving and looking for directions. It's not close to the city centre, but with a car it's not a long drive.

Secondly, my husband found the people in the next room incredibly loud. After trying himself to get them to tone it down, he went to the front desk to complain. Apparently, several other people had complained as well. After my husband complained, they promised to address the situation and it seems they did because the people quieted down.

Breakfast was pretty good, contiental but better than some others I've had.

Overall, I would return.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to add your detailed comments.
As part of the programme to rebrand to the Holiday Inn Express brand we have replaced and improved the external signage to assist guests in finding us, so thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I see from your review we were able to help when you reported noise from another room, I am delighted our team were able to rectify this immediately.
Holiday Inn Express always includes breakfast at no extra charge and I’m pleased that you were able to take advantage of this. We look forward to welcoming you back soon, when you’ll be able to enjoy our improved hot breakfast menu.
Kind regards

Isle of Skye, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2009

Arrived late afternoon, after travelling a long distance by car.
Check in procedure was warm and friendly.
Room was clean, BUT the offensive smells from the sink in the bathroom was quite off- putting. My husband and I were just too tired to complain, and at least my husband could wash his hands prior to administering his medication by injection.
However the following evening the sink became completely blocked, and all manner of offensive black, smelly detritus, was visible in the water which had backed up.
We reported this and a member of staff attempted to unblock the sink, to no avail.
We were offered another room, and had to repack our belongings, then unpack again, when we had moved into the other room. Not a pleasurable, thing to have to do at 9.30 at night, but safer than getting stomach bugs or even Swine flu, re- washing hands.
Checking out the next morning, we were not freely offered discount, and were amazed that we had to be assertive and request this. After much discussion we had a reduction, but felt that it was given as token gesture. Not as a matter of principal, or valuing their reputation.
The Manager did say that we could always try the Travel lodge !!!
I wonder whether this was because
a. The Health standards were better or
b. The Express by holiday Inn does not value their reputation.

I suggest that they employ a qualified plumber to inspect and maintain all sinks, and drains etc.
Or even request a visit from the Health and Safety Inspectorate.
We will be back, and expect this serious health hazard to be rectified

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NanandTed
gminverness, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Inverness, responded to this review, 11 December 2009
Dear Mr & Mrs Redhead
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us at Inverness, your feedback helps us to improve.
Our maintenance engineer was able to act quickly in this case and rectify the problem.
On departure we were able to offer a complimentary stay for one night for the inconvenience caused and I hope this was received as a positive response to your comments.
We have regular Health & Safety audits both externally and internally, records are available and I would welcome you to view this information to allow you to feel more confident whilst in our care.
I note from your review your intention to return and recommend us to a friend, please contact me direct to make your next reservation and again I thank you for your time and consideration.
Kind Regards
Dumfries
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2009

The hotel is located close to the Junction of the A9/A96 and is the ideal base for touring this beautiful part of Scotland. This hotel is also only a few minutes drive from Inverness City centre.
A Vintage Inn is directly opposite the hotel and very convenient for an evening meal.
This hotel is identical to many in the chain and is furnished to a satisfactory standard. Breakfast is Continental style and fully meets our needs.
We have stayed at this hotel on many occasions in the past for both business and leisure and wholeheartedly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank legend14
Edinburgh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2009

With the centre of Inverness apparently full at the week-end with various sports events we booked into the HIE knowing that it would be a bit "corporate". However we really did enjoy the stay with the nearby Snowgoose pub / restaurant being a pleasant surprise ( Very busy early evening) with a fine selection of real ales, wines, etc. The hotel rooms are spotless, the staff friendly and helpful. There was a bit of a scrum Sunday morning at breakfast but this was promptly dealt with and additional seating areas opened up. As mentioned in another review there's a large retail park a short stroll down the A96 (10 mins). Want to go into Inverness central - taxi costs just under a fiver (freephone from the hotel) or for the more energetic you could walk it in about 40 mins or take an 11 bus from the shopping mall. Overall we had a nice week-end of it

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank George M
Canberra, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2009

We needed to find a hotel at late notice and decided to try this as it was marked on our map. Hotel was located close to town and close to a very large shopping centre with eating options. Rooms were standard Express rooms - clean, bright and functional but hotel also had a very roomy bar area next to the breakfast cafe which was pleasant. Staff were courteous and helpful and wifi was an extra but easy to use. I would definately stay again.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2009

After stopping by at every hotel in Inverness city centre only to be told they were all full up, we rang the Holiday Inn. Thank god they could put us up and gave us a discount as we needed three twin rooms. Husband wanted a better deal but I was relieved someone had rooms. Really pleased with facilities and the shower was very nice. I am very fussy about cleanliness so I was surprised to find everything so spotless in our room. You even get two pillows unlike Travelodge.My only complaint would be about the temperature in the hallways and the room. We found that we had to sleep with the window open or else it was uncomfortable. Breakfast is basic but you are told that you only get continental. Perfectly adequate. Staff were all very nice and efficient. The housekeeping staff were not as one of the reviews had described. Yes, they were foreign, but they understood my English perfectly well.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family