We stayed here for four nights in November. The hotel is in a good location, mid way between Inverness and Loch Ness, which makes it great for exploring the local area. It is well sign posted and easy to find but you will need a car to make the most of your stay.
The house itself is magnificent and set in extremely beautiful grounds. It is cosy inside and has a great ambience - exactly what we were looking for when we booked our stay. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. They were always happy to help when we had any questions or requests. In particular they were very knowledgeable about the food being served which we appreciated a lot.
We stayed in a junior suite which was large, clean and pleasantly decorated. If I am being picky there were a few issues with it:
- A cracked sink in the bathroom (a cosmetic problem but I recall it being mentioned in previous reviews here).
- The shower would leave a pool of water on the floor unless you were careful.
- The room was on the ground floor and one of the window locks was broken (not that we left anything valuable in the room or felt unsafe because of this but still).
- The radiator in the bedroom didn't work (fortunately there were radiators in the bathroom and living room still so we weren't cold).
The staff did attempt to fix the radiator after we mentioned it but were unsuccessful while we were there. I suppose this is the only real criticism of the hotel - some of the decor, fixtures and fittings are a bit tired now and could do with replacing or fixing. None of this impacted on our enjoyment though and I am only mentioning it for completeness.
Over the course of our stay we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner at the hotel. All of the meals were superb with dinner being a particular highlight. The staff were well able to accommodate extra requests for meals including any changes to the menu we asked for. The food itself was outstanding. We saw many non-residents of the hotel arrive for lunch and dinner - and we understand why.
It was very pleasant to spend time both in our room and in the two lounges available - especially when the log fire was lit. The staff struck just the right balance between giving us privacy and being attentive.
If we return to the Highlands for another break we would be very tempted to stay here again and would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Loch Ness Country House Hotel is set in 6 acres of mature gardens, the perfect destination for a peaceful and relaxing break. Just 2 miles from Inverness city centre and 6 miles from Loch Ness itself, we are the perfect base for exploring the Highlands of Scotland.Dine in style at our AA Rosette awarded restaurant serving Scottish cuisine prepared using the freshest local ingredients. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Loch Ness Country House Hotel at Dunain Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dunain Park Inverness
- Hotel Dunain Park
- Loch Ness Country House Hotel At Dunain Park Inverness, Scotland