Spent three nights at the Glenmoriston during a business/pleasure trip. (My husband was working while I played tourist). We stayed in room #30 which is located in the annex adjacent to the main hotel building. There is no elevator in this building. The reward for the long climb up to the top floor (US 4th floor/UK 3rd) was an airy, albeit small, room with two large windows facing the river. The room was comfortable enough and nicely decorated although rather close quarters due to it's being tucked into what must have once been attic space. The bathroom was well appointed but small and had one of those glass shower stalls stuffed into a corner. We both had a hard time maneuvering around in there (we're fairly average sized humans) and found ourselves crashing into the glass and struggling a bit to position the shower hose at a useful angle. The room was spotlessly clean upon arrival, but daily maid service occurred somewhat late in the day for my taste (after 2 PM) and was rather cursory (bathroom surfaces given a swipe, but toiletry items left on the counter we left sitting in puddles). The queen sized bed was very comfortable. There was a feather bed topper and good quality linens.
As previous posters have mentioned, there is a charge for wifi of 5 pounds a day. We soon discovered that the day ended at 4 pm for everyone no matter what time you had signed on.
We had an excellent dinner one evening at the hotel restaurant and breakfast was quite nice. We visited the hotel lounge each evening for drinks and found the space cozy and the staff more than friendly and attentive.
The location is ideal. The river view is lovely and the walk to the downtown area easy and pleasant. There is a pedestrian bridge spanning the river less than a block away.
The neighborhood is quiet and very attractive. There is also ample parking available which is always a plus.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would probably stay here again if we find ourselves in Inverness in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind and boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland's abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station. Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional restaurant. For a memorable culinary experience, visit our chic and stylish Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel's destination Piano Bar offers Scotland's finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds. The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, HRS, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland