Five friends and I stayed at the GLENMORISTON for two nights during our 5-day trip to the Highlands. I personally had booked the hotel, after going through their web site (with lovely pictures!..) and the mostly good reviews I had read on TRIPADVISOR. All three rooms we were given, were totally different, with only one having a big window with a beautiful view on the river. The second was small with a rather small window and a partial view on the river and the third one had no glimpse on the river. All the rooms were located in different parts of the main building, which is a real maze! We had to go up stairs, then down, then through corridors and again steps down etc. There is no lift, so people with even small problems (like one of our friends) have difficulties during their stay. The bathrooms are not in a bad condition, but belonging to the "era", when United Kingdom had separate faucets...., cold and hot water come from different faucets! Breakfast is good, the personnel polite and accommodating, BUT none of us got our wake-up telephone call in the morning! We had requested it to two different persons at the reception desk the night before and, if it were not for OUR care, we would have missed our tour! This is a very serious fault in a hotel, which is supposed to have good service. The very polite manager I spoke to was very apologetic, but the fact remains! I also find unacceptable the fact that, a hotel, which charges over £ 200 pounds a night, charges you $ 5.00 a day for WI FI! This is a service that was being offered free in even the smallest Beds and Breakfasts we saw in town!
I must say I expected more from a hotel with a web site with such lovely pictures and descriptions of its rooms and services, a hotel which also had good reviews on TRIPADVISOR.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind and boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland's abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station. Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional restaurant. For a memorable culinary experience, visit our chic and stylish Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel's destination Piano Bar offers Scotland's finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds. The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland