“The place to be by the banks”

Glenmoriston Town House
Ranked #14 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 18 December 2012 via mobile

Spent two nights at the hotel since we needed a change of scenery from Edinburgh. I must say we were not let down in terms of value for money, quality of food,service and definitely the location. Staff at the hotel were very friendly and overall cleanliness of the hotel was good. The food on offer at the constrant brasserie is quality,hence the two dinners there.Gilchrist and soames are quality products to offer guests.Final verdict is that the glenmoriston is a small yet big hotel in terms of what it offers its guests.

• Stayed: December 2012

Reviewed 9 December 2012

Even if small the hotel is warm and nice. It's contrasts between modern and old style, for instance there is a normal knob instead of a key card, made the atmosphere really homely. Its restaurant (called Contrast) and bar have a good variety of food. Quality and courtesy are high.
The hotel is not so far from the centre, it's just 5 minutes walking along the Ness river.

Room Tip: ask for rooms with view on the river
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2012

Thank you very much for sharing your experience. It really means a great deal to us when our guests leave happy and inspired.

I wish you a wonderful festive season and look forward to seeing you at The Glenmoriston Town House again soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 2 December 2012

stayed here for two nights, very clean and modern rooms. the hotel is located in a typical town house, very comfortable and cosy. you almost feel like you are at home. the staff is extremely friendly. Nice bar and restaurantes with incredible food. Breakfast was lovely! I can only recommend this place, 5min walk to the centre of Inverness. Free wifi. The only downside is the roomwalls are quite thin so you can often hear your neighbours next door or noise in the hall. The bathrooms are quite small but clean, practical and all amenities you need!
will come back here!

Room Tip: ask for a room with view onto the river.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear Guest,

It is truly wonderful to read that you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again very soon.

With all good wishes,

Reviewed 26 November 2012

Stayed for one night with my partner while visiting Inverness to see a show. The hotel itself you cannot fault, apart from a few minor issues: One of the lights in our room had a very cracked and damaged lightshade, this doesnt affect anything with the room but just makes it look a little untidy. In the morning the shower took quite a while to heat up and the pressure wasnt very strong either - this may be down to the fact everyone will be showering at the same time to make the 8am-10am breakfast. This, I thought, could be extended a little longer - its quite an early rise if you've been out the night before. But, the breakfast was lovely. We just went for a nap again afterwards! Other than that, it was flawless.

Also, the bed is one of the most comfortable beds Ive ever slept in. So so nice!!

The Piano Bar has to serve some of the best cocktails I've ever had. The mojito's are fantastic, I could easily sit and sip on them all night. The setting of the Piano Bar is fantastic too, such a great little place to sit and have a quiet drink.

Overall, a brilliant stay. Will definitely be going back!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

A huge thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed a lovely break with us at The Glenmoriston Town House. Our Piano Bar is a great feature of the hotel and I am delighted you had the chance to enjoy a cocktail or two, and thank you for conveying this to other travellers!

I was happy to read that you enjoyed a great nights sleep courtesy of our deep sleep beds, yes I have to agree they do offer superb comfort and its a comment which we regularly enjoy.

Your point regards the lamp shade has been escalated to our maintenance team and has since been replaced, and furthermore the breakfast comment has been forwarded to our Food & Beverage Manager, that said we are always more than happy to serve breakfast in bed to those who wish to linger a little longer!

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future, and please review our website when you are thinking of returning as we have some excellent promotions that may suit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stayed 1 night with my partner in a deluxe double room in the main hotel building. Bedrooms & bathrooms are finished to a high standard. The only down point to the room was that you could hardly see the TV if you were lying in bed. The only other down fall is that the walls are very thin as you can hear your neighbours clearly! Ours decided to clatter about and leave the bathroom fan on all night so that was unfortunate. Breakfast was lovely!

Reviewed 12 November 2012

Lovely hotel, Located very close to town centre but peacful with good views accross the river ness. Breakfast was very good, with a wide variety to chose from. Staff couldnt have been nicer. The first room we were given was fairly cold, when we mentioned to the receptionist she was more than helpful and moved us into a better room straight way - no fuss.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple

A huge thank you for your review. It is wonderful that you found the award wining Glenmoriston Town House Hotel a good experience, and I am especially pleased that you found our team to be so friendly and accommodating, as I firmly believe this is what makes our hotel such a special place to stay in Inverness.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 November 2012

I stayed here for one night: someone else booked the hotel for me so I was unsure as to what to expect. It was late afternoon when I arrived and I found a little difficulty in finding my way to the hotel, what with one way streets and the darkness. However I eventually made it and was impressed by the hotel.
I was allocated a room at the rear of the hotel so the view was less than striking but that didn't matter as it was dark and I couldn't see much anyway. The room was of a fair size with a small circular table and two mini armchairs. The bed was extremely soft - I don't normally like soft beds! - but I slept like a log, it was so comfortable. The bathroom was adequate and had a walk in corner shower.
I had dinner in the Brasserie restaurant where the service was excellent. The food was well cooked and particularly well presented though the quantity was on the mean side. I had a slight complaint but it was rectified without any fuss.
The hotel sits by the side of the river so the location is good. In addition it is but a short stroll to the town centre so it is very convenient. All things considered, a very nice hotel and one which I would definitely use again.

Room Tip: For a view over the river you need to ask for a room at the front.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Many thanks for your lovely contribution.Your praise of the welcoming, helpful nature of our team, the quality of our bedrooms, and of the food offering in our award wining 3 AA Rosette restaurant, we do strive to deliver seamless, perfect service.

We do hope that you return to visit us again, and enjoy the beautiful setting and great hotel we have on future occasions,

Kind Regards,