“Ok. Great restaurant, good staff, only minor issues. But a bit $$”

Glenmoriston Town House
Ranked #16 of 36 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

For the $$ we paid, we'd expect something a bit better. Room was dated, tiny bathroom and free wifi didn't work. It'd connect but drop out a lot.

Restaurant is great - It's obvious this is there thing! Really nice staff. They forgot to bring our drinks out so they shouted as a round. Very nice of them.

The complaint - party until 1am. When I told the receptionist - she fobbed it off. Just like she did to another guest before me. Obviously they don't care about feedback, so they won't care about this!

Or maybe that's just her!? All the other staff were brilliant.

• Stayed: December 2013
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you very much for your coments. We value all feedback good or otherwise and very much work on the belief that the guest feedback is amongst the best measurement of our standards. In relation to your room, I sincerely apologise for the issue you encountered with the wifi which was down to a technical issue with a router which has now been rectified and in respect of the noise levels from the festive party. I have noted against your profile that we allocate you a room appropriate to your needs for any future stays. I am sorry that you did not find the warmth of service that we pride ourselves on during your experiences with our reception. Thank you however for your praise for the rest of the team during your stay. Genuine hospitality is very much the sentiment and culture that we promote throughout the hotel. Do let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

Arrival and welcome were excellent. I didn't get the lady's name but she made us feel welcome immediately. Bar staff very friendly (excellent Long Island Iced Tea). Service throughout dinner was genuinely first class (my wife has been in the 'trade' and agrees). Thank you to all of the staff!! Food was superb and well worth the price - I would have paid (much) more! We have had Christmas dinner in a number of places over the years, and this has definitely been the best! Thank you all !!

Stayed: December 2013

Thank you kindly for your endorsement of The Glenmoriston Town House and all we have to offer from our excellent location to our exceptional hospitality, service and dining. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

Cosy bar and restaurant but our top floor bedroom was just not quite warm enough OK it was December but the bathroom in particular had 1 small radiator and a cold draft coming on the window. Really good breakfast cooked to order , best scrambled eggs I've had in ages .Almost really good just needs a little upgrading .

Room Tip: Ask for a river view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank iTALOPHILEScotland

Thank you so much for your valued feedback particularly citing the team members with whom you came into contact during your stay. I am sorry to learn of the issue with your room temperature and the draughty window. Our maintenance team have been instructed to cross check all room window seals to ensure they are draught free. We are able to offer additional heaters for the bedroom upon request or would have subject to your approval moved you to an alternative room. I was pleased also to learn that you have enjoyed breakfast and am very hopeful that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back once again.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in late October. Booked the hotel randomly, and were pleasantly surprised. Good location, quick 5 minute walk to the centre of Inverness along the lovely Ness Bank which was just beautiful at that time of the year with the colour of the leaves changing. The staff were very nice, especially the bar staff. The bar was extremely well stocked and had a lovely welcoming atmosphere. We ate at the restaurant on the first night and the food was great.
Breakfast was really nice, freshly cooked for you. Onsite parking which was also a bonus. Would definitely recommend to stay here. We travelled around the UK for 6 weeks and I have to say that this was the most comfortable bed we slept in on the whole trip!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for yor comprehensive and very complimentary review of The Glenmoriston Town House following your recent stay with us. We are unique and original and have a variety of different rooms to suit all guest tastes and requirements. Excellent and friendly service is one of our hallmarks and I am pleased to know that you were so well taken care of by our team members. We very much look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My best friend booked Room 20 in the Glenmoriston Townhouse as a birthday gift to me last weekend, and I had the time of my life. I really cannot recommend this place highly enough; the room was beautiful, the bed was so comfortable, the bathroom was spotless and the shower was the phenomenal - you have to try the jets! The champagne he'd ordered as an extra surprise was sitting on ice when we arrived in the room.

The lovely gentleman who made our cocktails was a joy to watch as he shook up my French martini. Our dinner in Contrast was delicious - I'll never forget those hand cut chips, and my steak was cooked perfectly. Breakfast was fantastic; fresh coffee, plenty of choices for hot or cold breakfast - I had the pancakes with bacon, yum - and all served by friendly, courteous and professional staff, who seem to genuinely enjoy their work.

I had the best birthday of my life here, and I hope I have the chance to stay again!

Room Tip: Room 20 has a fantastic river view - but it is one of the pricier rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2013

Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind comments. Your comment “best birthday ever” is the highest praise we could ask for. Safe travels and all good wishes. Jonathan

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is absolutely fantastic. I booked it for my husbands 40th birthday and we were both not disappointed. The staff are excellent especially Victoria at front of house, the food brilliant and drinks were well priced (The pina coladas are gorge)!
The room we had (6) was well decorated, modern, warm and inviting. The bathroom is fabulous!
Inverness is such a warm and friendly city and one which my husband and I visit regularly, we shall be staying here again asap.
Thank you Glenmoriston Town House for a wonderful weekend

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you so much for your detailed and generous review. We are glad you had a wonderful visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon. With all good wishes, Jonathan

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Business trip visit and hotel randomly booked. Friendly front desk. I had a ground floor room. WC with shower and bath - very nice. My room was big and lovely bedding. Very comfortable. Breakfast was excellent - a variety of cooked meals.

Did not ask for room service or did not eat in the restaurant. Will recommend to other business travelers. View out side the hotel is spectacular, in front of the river Ness.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest, This is wonderful to read. The team and I send you our thanks and our very best wishes. With regards, Jonathan.