First impressions of the Townhouse are excellent. The beige carpet leading to the bedrooms was spotless. The standard of cleanliness throughout is first rate as was the welcome at the reception. All the staff are helpful and charming. The bistro restaurant was of a high standard and we enjoyed both times we had dinner there. Breakfast was just fine too. The bedroom itself was spacious with delightful views through a monkey puzzle tree over the lovely and swift flowing River Ness towards the charming opposite bank.
So what were the couple of faults? The big one was the size of the double bed. It looked fine - an attractive iron bedstead with quality linen. BUT it was an old standard Scottish double bed size: 137cm/54". We are not the world's largest people but this made for a very cramped sleep. Turning during the night was a hazardous adventure. In an age where nearly all hotel double beds are at least king size, this was an unwelcome reversion to the past. The second disappointment was that there was a distinct and rather old looking crack in the wash hand basin. Not the end of the world but in an aspirational hotel like this, it just shouldn't have been there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Glenmoriston Town House Inverness is a stylish four star deluxe property on the banks of the River Ness, perfectly located within the heart of the capital of the highlands it provides an impressive contrast to the cities more traditional hotels. Experience unparalleled luxury in one of our 30 stylish bedrooms, designed with comfort in mind and boasting heavenly beds, delicious duvets, fluffy towels and luxury toiletries not to mention the impeccable service you'd expect! The hotel encompasses the finest in Scottish culture with luxury and style and provides an ideal base for those who wish to explore Scotland's abundance of unique landmarks. The Glenmoriston Town House is conveniently just twenty minutes from Inverness Airport and only ten minutes walk from the city main line station. Great food and wine are very much entwined in the Glenmoriston Town House experience and we offer an exceptional restaurant. For a memorable culinary experience, visit our chic and stylish Contrast Brasserie. In addition, the hotel's destination Piano Bar offers Scotland's finest whiskies from over 250 distilleries and our mixologists are constantly developing the most wonderful cocktails to tantalise even the most demanding taste buds. The Glenmoriston Town House will ensure a quality stay whether business or pleasure. Just over 3 hours from Edinburgh or Glasgow it is the perfect property for any number of occasions, be it family get together, sporting holiday, romantic escape, or just a break away from it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Glenmoriston Town House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Glenmoriston Town House Hotel Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town Hotel
- Glenmoriston Town Inverness
- Glenmoriston Town House Inverness, Scotland