“Room was fine but don't miss the Abstract” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Glenmoriston Town House

Glenmoriston Town House
Ranked #14 of 34 Hotels in Inverness
Castro Valley, California
“Room was fine but don't miss the Abstract”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our room looked out over the river and was more than adequate.The highlight of the stay was dinner at their restaurant Abstract. The food, and service, was much more than I expected from a small hotel. With over 200 bottles of whisky to choose from I was in heaven. Our only complaint was with breakfast. Our receipt when we checked in had the breakfast hours printed on the form, so we ate there the first two days. On the third day we sat down for breakfast, and after giving our room number, we were informed that our room rate didn't include the meal. At 17 pounds each our bill increased considerably. If you stay here be sure to clarify if your breakfast is included. The location of the hotel is excellent, and don't miss a walk to the islands in the middle of the River.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Northumberland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

As ever, I will review my stay at the hotel honestly and as I found it.
Location: Excellent location looking over the river Ness and a couple of minutes from the town centre
I arrived at the hotel and was booked in quickly by a friendly member of staff and directed to the annex section of the hotel. The room was clean however on the small side, which wasn't a problem to be honest, however I found the bed to be to small. I was staying on my own so didn't present a great issue but for two people would have been cramped. The lighting in the room was poor with only the light from two lamps. Getting drinks at the bar late was not a problem.
Breakfast, I have to say very poor: 1 Sausage, 1 rasher of bacon, 1 Scone, I piece of black pudding (no beans). The guy serving was bordering on rude. One member of the group ordered Poached eggs on toast and gave up waiting and left.
I never moan unnecessarily however for £137 for one night is excessive

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the river
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Kevnorth
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

Where do I start to rave about this little hotel? Let's see...the staff. Everyone, and I mean everyone, at this hotel was friendly and service oriented and there wasn't any request that they didn't try hard to meet. Josh, at the front desk, was especially helpful and he even went so far as to pen a farewell letter to me since he was not working when I checked out, and he included 3 tea packets that he knew I especially liked! Now that is service! The breakfast is wonderful, with lots of variety.

I stayed in the deluxe king room in the new addition, just steps away from registration, the restaurant and the main building. The bed and bedding were great, it has a large closet (and they brought me extra hangers), the towels are great (the towel warmer is wonderful), and the shower was great with good water pressure and temperature and easy controls. The amenities include shampoo, body wash, soap, body lotion, shower cap, robe, ironing board and iron. There is no hair dryer or slippers, or cotton swabs or conditioner. There is also no tub. I had laundry done in a day and the service was fine.

The internet was fine and the TV worked great. The lighting in the room was fine.

This hotel is just on the River Ness. It is a little gem, not perfect, but the service is so good that I would stay here again in a minute. They made me feel welcomed and cared for. This staff could teach many of the 5-stars I stay in a thing or two about real service. Don't hesitate to stay here.

Room Tip: Get a room with a river view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Christmas2010
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
All the team really appreciated your very kind review and join together in looking forward to welcoming you back. With all good wishes, Jonathan
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights while attending a wedding in Inverness. Very nice hotel, situated on the banks of the Ness and 5 minutes walk from the town centre. Our room (8) was very comfortable and tastefully decorated, with a hint of tartan! Free wi-fi is provided. The small bathroom had a shower only. Good supplies of shower gel etc were provided, which we were relying on, having travelled with hand luggage only! Bathrobes were also supplied.
The room overlooked the car park, but this didn't cause any noise, although you were certainly aware pf people speaking in the corridor outside.
Breakfasts were very good: an extensive selection of fruit, cereals, pastries etc, and a choice of 5 or 6 items cooked to order. There is a bar and restaurant within the hotel, but we didn't use either. All staff were very friendly without being intrusive.
Checkout was a very civilised midday. Although we didn't avail ourselves of this, the hotel would have looked after our luggage on the day we checked out until wevleft the city.
I must give particular thanks to a member of staff called Claire. We arrived by car from the airport late on a Friday night, (having left the sat nav at home,) to discover road closures and diversions in the city. Our attempts to find the hotel were spectacularly unsuccessful and we ended up phoning the hotel to ask how to find it! Claire stayed on the phone and talked us through the journey, (about 5 or 7 minutes) step by step!
If we visit the city again, we would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mrs Picky
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
I cannot begin to tell you how much your review means to each and every member of the team - a huge thank you. Kind regards, Jon
newcastle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I had not realised this was a 4star hotel and agree it is probably a good 3 star. Having spent the previous week at different hotels and locations (with varying degress of comfort) on a trip from Inverness to Skye I was so pleased to finally stay in a comfortable and quiet room with an excellent bath and shower. I found all the staff extremely pleasant, especially our waiter (from Alicante) at breakfast. Only downside for older/less abled guests, there is no lift.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sib1007
Thank you for your review. We pride ourselves on excellent service from friendly staff and I am so pleased to know that we made your stay special, and look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit. Kind regards, Jon
Kirkwall, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

Booked 2 nights in executive room with laterooms. That evening I received an email to say the the price was wrong on laterooms but I could have the room and a higher price. I reluctantly replied stating that I would take the room at the higher price. Next day I get a phone call to say that the room isn't available. They did offer us a standard double for night one and 2 x single rooms for night two. Needless to say we booked a proper hotel elsewhere.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keith R
On this occasion we simply have to put our hands up for the issue with your Laterooms reservation for which I apologise most sincerely. I know that I myself had direct contact with you however you had made alternative arrangements, that said, I remain sorry for the disappointment we caused you. With all good wishes, Jon
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel sits close to the river Ness. Easy 15 minute walk from the train station. Very comfortable bed and great pillows. Room #9 view of the river is across car park. Full Scottish breakfast available.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank marymorr
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your experience here. everyone here works so hard to make sure that our customers get the most from time here! We hope to see you in the not too distant future. Kind regards, Jonathan