All reviews piano bar the river main building no lift lovely hotel a river view room eden court top floor small hotel venison plenty of parking bed was very comfortable one night stay town centre enjoyable stay breakfast was excellent lovely room
Reviewed 23 January 2015

Having read some of the positive reviews and overall rating I looked forward to a 2 night break with my wife. I booked a Club Double room with breakfast included and requested a river view as stated in the room category description. We were given a room across the car park in the Windsor House adjacent to the main building. The room was smaller than expected, cold, had a sloping roof and the furniture was to bulky for the size of the room. When getting in or out of the bed on the right hand side access was restricted by the sloping roof. The bathroom, tiled wall and floor was absolutely freezing, using the facilities and walking on the floor was a chilling experience, my wife remarked it was the coldest bathroom of any hotel we had visited. The window blind when down had some mould spots. The shower pressure was reasonable but the cubicle was small. During the night we used the electric heater from the cupboard to keep warm as the central heating was inadequate. The window double glazing was not effective and the external wall cold. It was a challenge to use the bathroom facilities day or night. Slippers would have helped as indicated in the room facilities but there were none. Tea and coffee making facilities were supplied but there was only one normal tea bag, 2 flavoured so I went and asked reception for additional and got told they would be delivered to my room which never happened. A supplementary facility place within the Windsor House would be good idea for guests requiring extra tea, coffee, sugar, or milk rather than go outside to the main hotel.
Breakfast was less than expected from a 4 star hotel may have been better off in the Holiday Inn Express and warmer.
Close to the town centre and there is free parking but the back and side of the hotel it is very dark needs lighting. Finding the hotel initially I agree with a previous comment signage is very poor even the local postie did not know the location and he was less than 50 metres from the hotel when asked. The one way traffic system does not help matters either.
On departure I commented to hotel receptionist about cold bathroom, room and she said she would pass on my feedback. It is not the first time people have commented on room temperature or size. From other people`s reviews, some rooms must be better than others, it is a hit or miss. Would I use the hotel again or recommend to others, no.

Room tip: Rooms in the main building are better.
2  Thank Alan T
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at The Glenmoriston especially with regard to your accommodation and issues with your room. We appreciate and value your feedback and therefore we would very much like to discuss this with you further to ensure these issues are addressed. As you know we cannot tell from Trip Advisor which guest has left a review and what room(s) they have stayed in. Please contact myself on e-mail (jon@glenmoristontownhouse.com) and I can assure we will address your points. We would very much appreciate an opportunity to show you The Glenmoriston in the best light.
Kind regards, Jonathan

Reviewed 21 January 2015

We stayed in the Glenmoriston for two nights in January, as a part of a small Highlands getaway. The hotel is well situated on Ness bank, easy to drive to with on-site parking and walking distance from the tourist attractions of Inverness.

We were fortunate enough to get a riverside view, which was very pleasant as the water and bridge are beautiful. The room itself was a little cramped, but not to the extend that it was uncomfortable. I have stayed in far smaller rooms for the same price. The bed was very comfortable, and our bathroom was beautifully clean with a great shower (always important). My only complaint would be that the room was very cold at night, despite the heating being set to full. Understandably our stay was in the middle of January, in the far north of Scotland and I'm sure this problem doesn't exist at other times of year.

Breakfast was fantastic, with a good selection of choices. I opted for the cooked breakfast and it was very, very tasty. WiFi was free and fast. Big plus!

Kate, the receptionist who looked after our entire stay, was incredibly helpful and should be commended for her work. We had been worried about driving conditions due to the time of year, and Kate went out of her way to provide us with information to assist in our journey. She was very polite during our stay and always eager to help.

All in all, a great place to stay if you're looking to see Inverness. Try to get a riverside view room and don't be surprised if its a little nippy.

Room tip: Rooms on the river side are worth asking for!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2015

It is with great pleasure that I read about your recent stay with us at The Glenmoriston Town House. With the exception to the heating issue ( which I have our maintenance checking) this is the type of experience we strive to create for each and every guest, and it is wonderful to know that you enjoyed every aspect of your visit. It is also delightful to know that you felt well cared for by Kate and our great team of service professionals. Many thanks for the feedback, which I look forward to sharing with the team. I truly look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 19 January 2015

We booked an upgraded room so were not impressed we were in the rear of the Hotel looking out onto the back rather than at the Ness River. But the bed was fine, wardrobe a little cramped, made us think we had been given a standard room. Good breakfast and on the last day early enough to be able to catch the Highland Chieftain back down south even thouh it was a Saturday

Date of stay: October 2014
1  Thank Greg C

I appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience at The Glenmoriston Town House, we greatly value hearing all our guest’s feedback. I am sorry to hear that the aspect of your room was not to your liking. I see you had a booked our Club rooms which offer either a larger room ( as yours was with Kingsize bed) or smaller with river view. Please be assured that I will share your comments with the rest of the team as we constantly strive to improve our guests’ experience.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Glenmoriston.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 9 January 2015

Hotel is nice but we were put in the annex across the car park and put in a room on top floor. It was extremely small with sloping roof, I had to lean over to get into bed. Bedroom furniture is decent quality but looking very tired.There was a draft and because it was december this caused the room to cold.(very cold) Very disappointed with the room, no way an executive suite as we booked.

Date of stay: December 2014
1  Thank gary13402014
BHtlGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Glenmoriston Town House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2015

Always difficult when you get a review like this. No one likes reading them, particularly when it is at complete odds with all our previous reviews.

Clearly we got it wrong for you and I hope you will accept my apologies. The room type you had booked was a Club room (our mid category) which are based between the Town House and Windsor House . I would have hoped you might have given us a chance to put it right for you during your visit. For you to leave before advising is such a shame.

I hope that we can welcome you back and we can redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

My husband and I went to stay at the Glenmoriston on the eve of our wedding day. We thought there would be nothing nicer than staying in a lovely room and enjoying a relaxing bath after the stressful weeks of organisation. We were sorely disappointed and actually disgusted with the reality of our stay!!

On checking in we discovered there was no bath even though the hotel's own website detailed that for the type of room I booked (the most expensive) there was a bath and shower in each room. I contacted reception and was told that not all rooms had a bath and that I would have had to phone and request one in advance. Really??!! Should I have checked that the room had a bed too??!!

I eventually managed to speak to a Manager and explained about their own website claims which he said he would look in to. This was by no means satisfactory to us as it did not help our situation one little bit!! They were unwilling to do anything for us. We would have been better staying at home and not wasting the money for services that were promised and not supplied. Incidentally, the website was changed almost instantly so they were fully aware of their error but we were not compensated in any way!! Very poor customer service with absolutely no focus on customer satisfaction!!

In addition to the false advertising we also discovered large rips in the quilt cover, bloodstains on the bedding and a bath towel stained with what can only be described as a ladies monthly stain!!! This was only discovered when trying to dry off after a shower. Needless to stay, I had no choice but to use the hand towel instead!!

If all this wasn't bad enough, I also booked a room for my mum and step dad thinking it would be a lovely treat. In their room (also the most expensive room type) there were torn chairs, cracked sharp tiles on the bathroom floor, layers of dust in the bedroom, toothpaste stains at the sink and down the walls and the toilet was filthy to mention just a few things. My Step dad stated that he had stayed in nicer £40 a night travel lodges!!

A thoroughly disappointing and stressful experience the night before our big day!!!

What I learned....don't believe a word they say on their website!!!

My advice....don't waste your money, stay somewhere else!!

10  Thank Sarah S